Parents How far do you travel to your gym?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ODD's gym is 15-45 mins depending, on traffic, and YDD's gym is 40-60 mins depending on traffic. ODD goes 3x a week for 3 hours, and YDD goes for 2x a week for 1 hr and 3 hrs respectively.

Curious to know why you attend two separate gyms...?

Did a gym change mid season last year. YDD has since decided to no longer train artistic and concentrate on T&T. New gym does not have a T&T program but is a great fit for ODD. Old gym has an amazing T&T program but is not a good fit for ODD. So 2 gyms :)

1 hr 20 min each way in summer, 1 hr 10 min each way other seasons. 4x week. Going on 3 yrs of doing this.
Carpool on some days. In summer will have DD stay a teammates house overnight when there is a late afternoon practice one day, early AM practice the next day.

DD: Saturday mornings about 20 minutes. Every other trip is 35-45mins depending on traffic. 4 times a week.
DS: 35 minutes once a week.

5 mins ride away on a good day, on a bad day it can take 30mins or more, the gym is just over a mile away we have a bad traffic system where we live, there are 11 sets of traffic lights and a bridge that has to open to boats nearly every hour from our house to the gym. I find it is sometimes quicker to walk as it takes 20mins to walk and can be for the best if the traffic is bad.

Usually takes about 20-25 minutes each way depending on traffic, 5 days a week. It's 10 miles from our house and I will usually go back home after drop-off so that my son can stay home.

10-15 mins ride, depending on traffic. 3x per week. I'm now realizing that we are lucky to have 6 gyms wthin 20 mins of us!

25 minutes X 3 days. I have been staying throughout the 2.5 hour practices, but I'm starting to wonder if I should just go home despite all the time driving and cost in gas. I hate having little brother sit at the gym that long all the time and there's not much to do nearby.

Don't hate me.....

2 miles, typically 4 minutes. Our level 7/8 gymmie goes 4 times a week.

We used to live 10 minutes away, then the gym moved to a new location. Now it is just down the road from us.

10-15 mins. I am not sure I would do some of the commutes that are posted.
That's what I was thinking as I read them. I'm curious to know if those of you that commute such long distances started out that way, or if you switched gyms at some point, or if you moved further away but wanted to stay at a certain gym, or how you even got interested in gymnastics with distances like that between you and your gyms. Just really curious!

We've always had this commute, but when we started it was just one kid in one rec class on Saturday mornings and we were typically headed there anyway. The closest gym is an hour away, but this is the first one we found. I admit that we have checked out other gyms when my girls were still in rec as I was disappointed with their progress, but we ended up staying and are happy there now .

It takes about 15-20 minutes to get to my dd's gym. It's really only 6-7 miles, but there are a lot of lights and 35 mph zones and schools zones on the way.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back