Parents How to handle dd's younger brother at meets

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My two gymmies are great at each other's meets. They cheer, run the video, go bring me coffee ;). I LOVE having them along....BUT my youngest ds hates meets, so I never bring him if I can help it. I just have to pay for him to get in, but he never watches, and it makes it hard for me to watch. He's getting older, so it is a bit easier. He suffered through my dd's regionals (made quite a few new friends) because we were at Disney land. However, it really depends on the personality of the child. Some siblings just do not tolerate meets well, and it just makes it hard on everyone. I agree, electronics make it easier (and allowing trips to concessions, lol)

Depends on the kid. I'd say iPad if your kid is electronics driven, otherwise either leave the little one with a sitter or bring an extra set of hands. We had one girl whose little sister was SO distracting at meets because they didn't keep her contained, she actually distracted a lot of our level 3 girls on bars at one meet where the bars were incredibly close the audience.

My son is 5 and I try to never bring him. If the whole family decides we are all going, ipad and coloring books work ok. He also likes music so headphones help for a while. Little snacks and treats help too. Usually even with all of this my husband has to take him for a walk a couple times. Yes it does get to be a bit much, doesn't it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back