Is a picture really worth a thousand words?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Deanna

Moderator/Proud Parent
Proud Parent
In this case I think so. This is one of those pictures that just really struck me. It may be because I personaly know the subjects..and it maybe that even those who don't will see it too. I was hesitant about saying anything about my feelings on it..for fear that people would think I was nuts..lol. But, I had several come to me on FB and say what an amazing picture it is. So, wanted to share.
b3bbq605.jpg

I think it is a very poignant picture. It shows the true relationship between the girls and the coaches. Almost a mother/child (def. a "family") feel to it. She is down on her level. She is talking to her..not at her. She has her arm around her..to let her know that even though she is giving her direction and guidance..it's out of love that she is doing it. Kadee is leaning back into her..and is listening very intently to what she is telling her.
Or maybe I'm just looking too deep into it..bahahahah! (JK..I know that all you coaches care deeply for your girls.)

This in a pretty frame might make a great gift next year for Christmas

Cute picture!!! I know what you mean about how pictures are worth a thousand words. Your post reminds me of a picture that was posted a few years ago here. I can't recall the jist of that thread but the picture stays with me--it was of a gymnast putting her arm around her teammate. What made it so poignent was that the pic only showed the back of them--you couldn't even see their faces but the image just stirred up so many heartfelt emotions. Photos certainly do have that power!

Thanks for sharing!!

What a sweet picture! You can really tell what a great relationship the two have, what a great find for Kadee's gym experience. That relationship is really what I miss about working with the little ones and getting to know them from the beginning on up. Darn it, I'm getting choked up just looking at it!

What an adorable picture! Being a gymnast this picture really means a lot the only difference between when you are younger and older is that my coach is more like a big sister :) despite me being 17 and my coach only 4 years older than me (smaller than the gap between me and most of my team mates) That coach by your side is just what you need at a competition especially when the nerves are bad

It's a beautiful picture Deanna...and Kadee is very lucky to have such a great coach that obviously cares about her not only as a gymnast, but as a child. Thanks for sharing it :)

Definitely give this picture to the coach as a gift. My favorite gifts from the girls I coach are always framed pictures!

That is a really good photo! I have a similar one where, after I'd just done a pretty poor beam routine in a meet, my coach gave me a big hug. I like those photos because they really show what sort of relationship the girls have with their coaches - it's a good keepsake.

Love the picture--made me giggle though.

It's a really nice picture of a gymnast and her coach!! It did make me giggle though because it is the exact position I was standing in with my daughter very recently.....

Well it's very dark and quiet except for small blue lights on the stairway going down. I am standing just outside of the stage door at the Nutcracker at the back of a line of six little mice aged eight and nine. I'm at the back instead of by the door where I belong because my daughter whispered urgently that she needed to talk to me. We are all being very quiet so we make no noise because the music onstage is soft at this point, we are waiting for the music they know is their queue to go through the door and scamper onto back stage and then the stage. My daughter whispers in my ear that she needs to toot SOOO BAAAD. I lean over and gently urge her (Ok begged and pleaded) for her to wait until the music is loud and she is running on stage so that my whole line of very quiet mice don't melt into a loud giggling disorganized mess just before they scamper out in front of hundreds of people who paid $40 a pop to see the show. They soon run off and I descend back down the dark stairs hoping that something catastrophic doesn't happen in my mouse's little gray leotard.... Ahh the joys of supporting our kids in all their endeavors!

I love capturing these moments on "film". I even try to catch other girls because I feel their parents would love them. Nice shot!

What a great picture! You're so right about the coach/gymnast relationship. My coach is like my dad. My own dad passed away in an accident (he was killed by a drunk driver very close to our house) and my older brother was just graduating high school around that time. So I didn't have many solid male figures in my life. My coach obviously helped me with gymnastics, but also is a really strong figure in my life. He learned sign language when I was younger to communicate with me, he helped me through rough patches with my mom by being supportive, he even showed up for some of my school events! I don't know if I'd have a coach like that in a sport other than gymnastics. My gym is like a giant family.

I don't think you are looking too much into it at all. I love it. It really does say more than words ever could.

Amazing. Pictures really do speak a thousand words and this is a true representation of the relationships between coaches and gymnast and between teammates. As a team and a gym its like a 2nd home, a second family and everyone takes care of each other no matter what happends. This is a truly wonderful picture!

I'm a gymnast... I love my coach like a dad. I really trust him. I know he won't tell me the wrong thing. I know he will always be there to catch me when I fall. I trust my coach with my life.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News