Parents Just dropped her off for her first "real" practice

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

And I managed to NOT cry about it. She was so sweet - "Momma, are you sure you can't stay for just a few minutes?" (gym has no parent observation policy - last practice of the month is the only open practice).

We've had some trial runs at me dropping her off, but I've always stayed for the first 10 minutes or so of her IO classes. She was very brave, and said "Ok, well, I guess I'll see you later then." Fingers crossed she stays that way for the next two hours!

She looked so little - head and shoulders shorter than most of the other L3 girls. My baby!

Hope she's bubbling over with enthusiasm when you pick her up!

Im sure she will be fine, but I don't agree with the no parent viewing rule that some gyms have. I just think parents have the right to watch if they want to as long as they obey the rules and do not interfere in any with the the practice. Does your gym not have a glassed in viewing area?

She's home, and she did fine (as I knew she would!) I was most worried about her endurance - she's used to 90 minute IO classes; this was her first 2 hour stretch.

When I picked her up, she was happy and perky, with no signs of being even remotely tired! Energizer bunny, through and through. She was somewhat annoyed that they only did two rotations - floors and bars. She just can't get enough!

As far as the no-observation policy - it doesn't bother me. The last practice of the month is open, so there's still an opportunity to watch. I like being given the "ok" and the release from guilt of watching every single practice. With two other kiddos (who are both involved in sports, as well), it also makes scheduling a little easier on me.

We don't have a glassed in viewing area - it's an open balcony. I've sat next to MANY parents who can't seem to stop themselves from coaching from afar :rolleyes: and it's disruptive to the class (they're literally yelling down to the floor) and annoying to everyone else.

It's also a space issue - the gym has a strong rec program, too, and in the evenings, that balcony is full to the brim with rec parents/siblings. I've sat there for nearly 3 years already - I'm ok with the once a month visits :D (I think her two brothers are the most excited - no more having to sit through her practices! Now, if only I could convince the hockey rink that drop off practice is a good idea, too...... LOL!)

:D awwwww I remember being so worried my little one would not be able to keep up and she ended up outlasting them all LOL

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back