Parents Late start - college success stories?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

FloMoGymMom

Proud Parent
Judge
My DD11 started gymnastics last year and competed level 2 and level 3. She appears to have a natural talent and has taken to the sport and "live, breathes, sleeps" gymnastics. We had a gym change and she is on their fast track to compete level 5, and training up as well. Her goal is a college scholarship.

Are there any success stories of girls that got such a late start making it to college gym?

Back in the day(way back) I started at 12 and had the drive and talent and as competing Class 1 (like current level 9/10) and was well on my way to scholarship before career ending injury. But things are so different nowadays.

sounds like my daughter so im curious to see who replies here. mine's been in gym less than 2 years now and if all the stars align correctly, she will finish competing level 7 right at her 3 yr gymnastics anniversary (at age 11, next May) which does end up putting her within the correct timeline of being able to complete multiple years of level 10. she also want to compete in college. we shall see...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back