Parents Mill/Stride Circle!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

billise

Proud Parent
Woohooo!!! After only 5 weeks of working on it, DD (developmental team - age 6) did several mill circles tonight all by herself (and they weren't ugly :))! I have seen so many posts about the dreaded mill/stride circle that I was prepared for it to be months before she got it. Now let's hope she keeps it :)

Good for her, that is so awesome!! I detest the mill circle. My 6 year old DD is a Level 4 and the mill circle was the one skill that gave her soooo many issues. Once it clicked though, it clicked.

Fantastic.
We don't seem to do anything like a mill circle in the UK and I have to say I'm glad - it looks a toughy! Great for her to get that under her belt :)

Not done here either but it seems to be a killer (for no reason). Yah for your dd getting it.
(Also seems like a really odd looking skill to me, lol).

Mine just got hers too (She's six). Still not the prettiest thing, and about half the time she's turning her hands at the top of the bar which is driving her coach's nuts. ;-) But at least she's making it around! Congrats to your DD!!

Congratulations! My dd still does not have her mill/stride circle and I think it is causing her a lot of frustration. She has all her other L4 skills and has her front hip circle but just can't circle the bar in a stride. Great job to your DD!!!!

yay her!! i hate to watch my 5 year old struggle with it.. i keep telling myself, it's no biggie since it's only needed for level 3 and 4, but it's a big deal score wise.. and it's sad to see a beautiful bar routine with a hideous mill.. she just can't seem to switch her grip fast enough.. i know, i know, she's 5.. and she did have a bad fall when her hands got sweaty over the summer, but i swear i will pay for a private or 2 (i get these ideas from Chalk Bucket, ha) just so she can smile all the way through the routine.. i hate her face when she gets to that part.. the proud "look at me face" turns to the "defeated before it even happens" face.. her cut on and off have gotten weaker as she loses confidence as well..

i just want this mill circle crap to be over with already!!

That's awesome! We are still working on our pull over :/ DD had it steadily then all of a sudden she just can't seem to get it back and it's a struggle

Yeah, that mill circle is a booger! My DD "has it" (though she almost always bends her knee to get up). Her biggest issue is the leg cut. She can't figure out how to pick up her hand at the same time as she swings her leg over. It's got to be a mental block, at this point.

^^ The leg cut is annoying too. I wish she could just do a shoot-through, she's got that down pat. And mine bends her knee when she comes around too. But being that she just started making it around last week, I figure she has plenty of time to clean it up before actually competing it.

I have to say, I felt much better when some of the optional's at open gym were trying mill circles after watching my DD practice hers, most hadn't done one in years, and a couple had a hard time at first. Needless to say, they reacquired the skill much more quickly then my kid. ;-)

My 8 yo DD just started working on it last night. I swear she must have tried like 30 and only got one. She was *thrilled* about that one though. :p

I have to say, I felt much better when some of the optional's at open gym were trying mill circles after watching my DD practice hers, most hadn't done one in years, and a couple had a hard time at first. Needless to say, they reacquired the skill much more quickly then my kid. ;-)

haha, right same as at dd's gym and same with FHC.. a few can barely bridge to kickover, either.. love it.. use it or lose it i guess, and they def don't use it..

Nice! This is the single skill my 9yo L4 STILL does not have. She has her first meet of the season in three weeks and is very upset about this. She is so so close, but to "get it," she has to bend her legs.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back