no time for friends

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I love gym but this year i decided to be taken out of homeschool to get to know some people other than my team mates. I have made alot of really great friends but i am starting to lose them because i have to say i cant hang out because of gym, dont get me wrong i love gym it is super fun and i wish i was there all day like i used to be but i needed a major break and i have taken this year easy and i am going back to homeschool next year. how do i make these next 6-7 weeks enjoyable and not lose all my school friends over gym??? i am new to a situation like this and need help!!!

I had the same problem when I was a kid playing pro tennis. To be good it takes a lot of hours and commitment. I also missed out on parties, movies , sleep overs with my friends. It is really hard to have both. You need to try and organise things when you don't have gym. Do you train 7 days a week?. Maybe you can organise something on your day off and when you don't have a comp. If they are good friends they will understand.

I love gym but this year i decided to be taken out of homeschool to get to know some people other than my team mates. I have made alot of really great friends but i am starting to lose them because i have to say i cant hang out because of gym, dont get me wrong i love gym it is super fun and i wish i was there all day like i used to be but i needed a major break and i have taken this year easy and i am going back to homeschool next year. how do i make these next 6-7 weeks enjoyable and not lose all my school friends over gym??? i am new to a situation like this and need help!!!

Time management is important here. My DD has Tuesdays, Thursdays Sat afternoon and sunday free from Gym so we plan "other" activities and visits with friends on those dates. her friends (and their parents) know how committed she is and many will adjust times etc so she can go.

My DD in addition to gym also has piano lessons 1 hour a week on tues after school , Girl Scout after dinner on Tuesdays(this is a good one to keep in touch with school friends too, is in the school chours before school on thursdays, in the school play 2 hours after school on Tues and Thursdays and does do sleepovers and parties (not everyone that comes along but some) If they go from Sat - Sunday. She is also a High Honors student - I never see here do homework etc but she is a straight A student.

As parents we help her with her schedule by being award of what is available on the days she is free that she might enjoy being a part of. We are usually very good friends with the friends she would sleep over with so they will ask what my DD's free weekends are so she can go to what ever. If she seems to be missing alot of overnights we will hold one on a weekend DD is free and invite friends.

If there is something special happening I have no problem having her missing a few practices and either making them up on off days or do a private or two.

it's not easy managing this but I know how important these things are to my DD so I make sure she has more than just gym in her life. This is not to say she hasn't missed alot of events she wanted to go to due to gym.

The best advice I can give you is talk to your parents and see if they can help you manage the time and work with your friends parents too.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back