'Normal' clothes for a gymnast shape

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I don't have this problem yet.....my 9 year old at this point looks more like a dancer to me. She is tiny all over yet has very defined muscles. She has a short torso and long arms and legs. She looks great in everything. The biggest problem I have is finding anything to fit her around the waist. Her jeans are size 7 slim from Gap and are getting too short but the 8's are made bigger around the waist and she does not like adjustable waist b/c she said they get "poofy" where the fabric gets bunched up! Last year every time I gave her adjustable waist pants to wear she was like" OH NO! I don't wanna wear the poofy pants!" LOL!

It looks like I'm not alone. My soon to be 13 year old still wears size 8-10 shorts or pants and 12-14 tops. If anyone from GK-Elite is browsing this link, please consider developing a line of jeans specifically for gymnast bodies. I think it would be a HUGE success!!!

this is such a fantastic thread (however frivolous ;)). And it's a problem that never goes away - I'm a rising junior in college, and haven't been in the gym seriously since high school - and I still have problems getting things to fit (especially across my back/shoulders). tank tops with a cardigan are practically my uniform. skirts with a little bit of flare fit the thighs better than most pants (but a muscular butt can make them REALLY short in the back. triple check before you buy.) And "curvy" pants are the only cut I can fit my lower body into (I love my Gap jeans! They are amazing - once you're big enough to wear women's sizes)
...But it's nice to have more defined biceps & lats than the frat boys who think they're hot stuff. Wear your muscle with pride!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back