Parents Now I feel stupid.....Dance update

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

N

NGL780309

I vented here about being frustrated about DD's dance scheduling for the summer. I finally called yesterday to ask the teacher personally about the class and she acted really confused. It seems the receptionist did ask her and she emailed me weeks ago right after I asked! They had already registered DD and charged my account. I don't know how I missed the email. Once she told me I looked and sure enough there it was. They must think I'm crazy. She also told me in the future don't ask, just register. She explained that their age ranges are flexible, which I already knew from past experience, and that it matters more how many years of dance they have had. She said if she handed my DD the flyer she wanted her in the class. DD is so excited.

I'm actually starting to think that DD is developing a growing interest in dance that rivals her interest in gymnastics as she gets older. I asked her recently when her teacher asked her about competition dance if she'd rather do that than gym, but not at this point. I could see it changing in the future.

That's great. Hey, we parents have so much to hold in our brains at one time that it's not suprising when something falls out! :dizzy:

Of my twin daughters, one is a dancer and the other is a gymnast (and I think, in an effort to embrace their "self-ness" rather than their "twin-ness", my gymnast daughter flat-out refuses to do dance, and vice-versa) but when I look at Kathy's strength and flexibility and Tory's grace I think that the two together would be a killer combination in either activity. It's so great that your daughter has a real love of both!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back