Opposite of an Arabian?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have been working on trying to develope the opposite of an Arabian. The Arabian is done by completing a half turn out of a backwards entry and doing a front sault. As far as i know it is characterized by hips leading the rotation and turn, and the half turn being entirely or mostly completed before the tuck takes place.

What i want to do is a half turn from a front entry with a back sault at the end. I have a few questions pertaining to this:
1. Is this already a skill that i do not know about?
2. If not why is it not a skill and what characteristics would differentiate it from a front sault half turn?
3. in a regular Arabian the hips are leading so the body shape is open or arched. What body shape would be used in its opposite counterpart?
4. Should the arms swing up on take off as in a backsault or would the arms already be positioned up when taking off as in a front sault.
5. anyone else interested in seeing this as a skill?

It's a skill that has appeared in a few variations over the years. I forget the name on vault, but the generic description would be a handspring half turn back tuck/pike/lay-out. Sorta thinking Alicia Sacramone did one at worlds?. Nadia Comaneci, did a variant as a dismount off uneven bars in the 1976 olympics, a toe circle 1/2 to back salto. It's kinda funny how it was such a big deal back then, and now?...I think it would be a good tool (the dismount) to learn the motion of the "reverse arabian" (but only with supervision, after lead-ups, into a pit, with a note from your paren....). It's also been done in mens floor routines to add that "je ne sais quoi" for filler between diagonal tumbling passes. You gotta do alot of looking for that video.

on tramp= jonah

off vault= cuervo

off beam= prudunova

off bars= comaneci

on floor= 1970= may have been Korbut at Moscow News?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News