Parents States are this weekend and I am so nervous...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

my4buffaloes

Proud Parent
Sigh, I need to calm down! Dd has had such a good year and I really want her to do well at states. I don't care about placements, just that she hits her routines. She has struggled big time at state meets in the past, in fact last year she came in last for her age group. She (and all gymnasts!) works so hard I just want her to succeed. Ok, I needed to get it out because I am having to be the calm, cool and collected one here to keep her calm. She just had the best practice of the year I think and I so hope it carries over to the meet. Ugh, having to sit back and watch is torture sometimes! I must keep my feelings hidden! I must keep my feelings hidden! I must keep my feelings hidden!

Ok, carry on, just had to get it out!

right there with ya....my daughter has states too...Level 8...and that added pressure of Regionals is a lot!! I will be happy when Saturday is over!!

Here's a drink :proposetoast: for all you parents headed off to Sates this weekend, doing your best to act like you're not at all nervous when you're actually chewing your fingernails to the quick. We're still 2 weeks out from States, so I don't need that drink quite yet, but pretty soon...

Good luck to all your gymmies!!!

Wishing good luck and calm nerves to all competing gymnasts and their parents this weekend! My tiny DD has her state meet this weekend and then we are done with meet season and I am READY!

Don't stress! My daughter had enough bad mojo at States to cover the whole forum and then some!! Lol

Honestly though she will be fine, no matter what, and so will you. Win, lose, bad day, good day, she still wakes up in the morning as your precious little girl and that's all that matters.

These kids are tougher than we parents are though for sure.

Right there with you. My peanut has Level 7 states this weekend and her age division is tiny and TOUGH! Coach says scores don't matter at this level so I just keep repeating that in my head. DD is motivated to do her best, what more can we ask for? Cocktails all around:)

I was right there with you 2 weeks ago...but now we are done and on to up training!! My dd hit her routines (for the most part) but still didn't qualify for regionals (unfortunately she does not have her "flipping" vault so she starts from a 9.0). The 3 years before this my dd's state meets were one of the worst of her season, but every year she is over it by the time she gets in the gym and gets to up train. I can tell you though, all the girls did not qualify to regionals are now having lots of fun uptraining and any disappointment of not making to regionals is gone...it is so nice to be done with routines!! So, good luck to all your dd's and all you moms, and remember, whatever happens it will all be okay....

I'm with you too! DD came home from practice tonight and told me she was ready for states on Saturday. This is good because I'm nervous enough for both of us! Good luck to all the gymmies and the friends and family stressing in the stands!

I always get more nervous than D! he has regionals this weekend and I am sure i will be a mess. sigh. I try so hard to not let him see it though!!!

My DD also has her first State Meet tomorrow. Last XCel meet before moving to JO. Has a shot a Regionals. I am a wreck. She says she is feeling good so that is all that matters. :) Lots of luck to all who are competing and watching this weekend!!!

Anxious to hear how it went for all your gymnasts this weekend?! Hoping it was a great meet for everyone!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back