Parents Stopping by to say "Hello"!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymjourneymom

Proud Parent
Boy, oh boy, has the CB changed!!! I haven't logged on here in sooo long.

If you any of you remember me, my DD had severe fear issues/mental blocks. Seeking help & guidance for her was what lead me to find the CB. I ended up making a lot of friends on this on-line community :D!

Just an update for those who may remember me: DD injured her back & did not compete her senior year of high school. She redirected her love of the sport into becoming a coach. It has been a new & wonderful experience for. She loves bumping into her students when we are out shopping or out for ice cream, etc. She's a great positive role model for the little ones.

Her team & our state still acknowleged her as a "graduating senior", even though she was unable to compete her final season. We were both very greatful for that honor. It allowed us both some closure with this sport that she was so dedicated to, for so many years. She gave a beautiful & touching speech at her team's end of season banquet.

She just started college last week. She seems quite happy & is looking forward to her new life of trying new activites & new club sports. But mostly focusing on her studies of course!;)

Just wanted to let you know that our gym journey has come full circle. My DD is now a "retired gymnast". She has so many wonderful gymnastic memories to carry with her throughout her life and so do I!

If anyone here is questioning their DD's participation in gymnastics( I know I often did!), I want you to know that all the ups & downs ARE worth it!!! It's a crazy roller coaster ride for sure! But all that my DD experienced...the highs, the lows, the struggles & frustrations. It ALL helped form her into wonderful, resilient & determined young lady she has become!

Best wishes to ALL your gymnasts for a happy, healthy & successful season this year!

Sincerely~GJM

Lovely to hear from you. So glad your dd was honoured as she should have been . Hope she is settling in at college.

Congratulations to your daughter! I'll bet her experiences made her a cut above a lot of folks as a coach. I hope that college is a wonderful experience for her.

Thank you for letting us know how things are going! I've thought about you especially when we've had some pretty lively and interesting threads going! When I first joined (and I lurked for awhile before joining), you were always someone who had a level head and whose experience and opinions I could count on!!

Thank you for sharing your journey with us!! Thank YOU for Everything!!

Sounds like your daughter is doing wonderfully well and has a bright future!!

THanks for updating! I have often wondered how things have gone for your dd. And I'm with Jago, I used to appreciate your level headed posts. Best wishes to your dd on her new college journey!

A "buckethead".... that's funny. I like it. I don't think I remember you, OP, but your post made me smile. Thanks, I needed that tonight. Glad to hear your kiddo is doing well!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back