Parents TOPs state testing

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Our coach said if they send it out today it will be at close of business. So they don't have to answer phone calls and emails until Monday.

Our coach said if they send it out today it will be at close of business. So they don't have to answer phone calls and emails until Monday.
So what time should we give up hope for finding out today? Lol! There is an elite developmental camp this weekend, and check-in was at 4 something today, so I would think they're going to be pretty busy with camp for the next several days...

We were told that we may hear something last Friday and then when we did not, we were told either the 15th or 20th. Does anyone have any idea what a good score is? I feel as if no one really wants to share that info...is that because it is impossible to know? My DD tested as a 10 year old, she maxed out on strength and got a 54 on skills...any parents of testers from last year know if that is good enough? What are other girls scoring? This waiting is tough. Thanks so much!

My daughter tested as a 10 year old. She had a total of 66 points on the skills and pretty much maxed out the strength stuff. She's qualified the last couple years to go to Texas. We hope her scores will be good enough again. I think the cutoff has always been pretty high for the 10 year olds, but I don't know exact numbers.

Wow! That is a great score. Congrats...yes, that sounds good enough. Thanks for sharing. That makes my daughters score seem low. I am proud of her either way but still keeping fingers crossed that it is good enough!

It was a miracle my daughter put together a day where she did well at BOTH skills and strength! I think your daughter's scores are really high, too! I heard of a lot of gymnasts at the testing getting a total of 35-45 on the skills.

Im not sure what the hold up is. I heard some states that tested that last weekend did not get their scores in, so there was a wait.. I also heard that they wanted to get them out last week ,before the next two weeks of camps take place. That didnt happen. :( so I would guess anytime now

Although we have not heard anything yet about my daughter or her team, a friend of mine found out today that her daughter did not make it. She also found out that a team member of her daughter's did make it.

Just found out our 7-year old made Diamond National Team. She did 2 Tops tests this year and our gym doesn't share scores. I have never heard of any teams (we had only heard of camps that some older girls can go to) so came to this board to find out what Diamond Team is. I found this thread. Is it a big deal to make Diamond National Team at age 7 or do most 7-year olds make it? I know that the 7-year olds don't test skills and the older girls do. Thanks for helping a clueless parent.

Just found out our 7-year old made Diamond National Team. She did 2 Tops tests this year and our gym doesn't share scores. I have never heard of any teams (we had only heard of camps that some older girls can go to) so came to this board to find out what Diamond Team is. I found this thread. Is it a big deal to make Diamond National Team at age 7 or do most 7-year olds make it? I know that the 7-year olds don't test skills and the older girls do. Thanks for helping a clueless parent.

Great job! Congratulations! It is a big deal!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back