Parents TOPs state testing

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Just found out our 7-year old made Diamond National Team. She did 2 Tops tests this year and our gym doesn't share scores. I have never heard of any teams (we had only heard of camps that some older girls can go to) so came to this board to find out what Diamond Team is. I found this thread. Is it a big deal to make Diamond National Team at age 7 or do most 7-year olds make it? I know that the 7-year olds don't test skills and the older girls do. Thanks for helping a clueless parent.

Congratulations!! What a huge accomplishment. My friends daughter made the diamond team last year as a 7 YO and got an awesome jacket that said TOPS diamonds as well as at shirt a certificate and other such items. Definitely celebrate her hard work!!

This certainly is anxiety producing. I did not anticipate being this nervous! Has anyone heard about 10 year olds finding out yet? I wonder why they would release some but not all results. Any info for this anxious mom greatly appreciated!

State directors should have results.. I contacted ours and she hadnt checked her email all day so she didnt know

Can any one tell me what is the normal process of contacting gyms about national testing results? Also does anyone know why all but 10 yo results were sent out? What could be the hang up? Thank you!

Can any one tell me what is the normal process of contacting gyms about national testing results? Also does anyone know why all but 10 yo results were sent out? What could be the hang up? Thank you!
I think the coordinator emails a list to all of the state directors. The state directors then forward the information to the coaches. Sometimes there's a lag in the communication of information.

I have no idea about the 10 year old delay.

Are you sure the cutoff is 82 for 10 year olds? A girl in our gym got 83 and is waiting on results. It would be great if she made it. She went to the ranch last year.

We found out too...my daughter qualified. Super excited for her! Congrats to all of the other girls too and best of luck to those still waiting to hear. And confirmed 10 year old cutoff 82+.
Congrats!! Does anyone know the cutoff scores for 8 and 9 year olds?

what's the formula for how the scoring works? I know my 9 y/o qualified - but just curious how the scores are figured?

We haven't been told yet. Is anyone from GA? Maybe they released the results by state? We did test 9 and 10 yo. If the 10 yo scores aren't ready perhaps they are waiting for those? Unfortunately, I have no idea what my daughters score was. Our coaches never really tell us. All I was told was that she nearly maxed out her scores both in physical abilities and skills so I'm hopeful that was enough.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back