UK WAG 2014 grades results

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I think the low-ish pass mark is what has kept the numbers up. I know a girl who came about 11/12th and just scraped a pass is going to nationals for comp 4.

Obviously as an individual? Our coaches wouldn't enter a girl at any level if they thought she was going to just scrape by and I certainly can't see them taking them to nationals.

This year and last we had girls whose scores would have qualified them for nationals (including my dd last year) but neither were entered.

That said, it's an amazing opportunity for that girl and if she happy going for the experience then why not?

Whilst an amazing opportunity I am unsure if the girl and her mum quite understand the position. Assuming she does compete at nationals I can't foresee a huge improvement in her score as other than a fall on beam she performed as well as in training really. I personally would have thought moving on and concentrating on training towards voluntaries and comp 3 would be time better spent but I think the club just likes to say we got x number to nationals!

I guess it depends if the club are looking at long term future or not - I know several who could have got the pass mark but are either waiting a year to do Out of Age or moved over to Grades to do the Challenge route - these girls are very young afterall - long road ahead - some strong girls in the line up for next weekend at both levels -

Goodness me no, fancy being able to watch the national final of a sport, what are you thinking. I bet however you can see minor league football on all weekend !
If it's not football it's not important!

Imagine how much inspiration it would offer to young girls all over the country if they could see it, my DD spends ages watching young American girls on you tube!

Whilst an amazing opportunity I am unsure if the girl and her mum quite understand the position. Assuming she does compete at nationals I can't foresee a huge improvement in her score as other than a fall on beam she performed as well as in training really. I personally would have thought moving on and concentrating on training towards voluntaries and comp 3 would be time better spent but I think the club just likes to say we got x number to nationals!

Hmm - it's all about managing the child's (and mum's) expectations isn't it!

Does any1 know where i can find the running order for nationals? Would be interesting to see the start lists
Not sure they have posted it anywhere - likely to go straight to the clubs but if you look at the Regional results and Alpha factor comps I am sure its possible to work out who will be going - sort of start list - Alpha North and South probably easiest to look at - Top 10 in each will be surely competing -

It's interesting that quite a few that didn't do so well in AlphaFactor still qualified for their region. How many regions are there with only one really big club, out of interest? I would also love live streaming of the nationals. Does gymdata do live results at least?

I'm not sure why people are referring to a 'low' pass mark. My recollection is that the pass mark for level 4 last year was 47.500? It may have been higher for level 3, but I don't think it was higher than this year. So the pass mark is not lower.

Surely the reason the numbers are similar for nationals, is that the same number of regions exist this year and are all entering their full team (where possible), plus a few individuals...like last year. There are one or two regions who didn't have enough competitors to fill a team, for level 3 mainly. East mids is one. They only had two at level 3.

The scores do seem to be very varied across the regions and I'm really curious to see how it pans out when they are all together.

At one point you could watch Gymdata live through video link but they don't seem to do it now. It was quite poor quality. I kind of hoped it would improve but it just stopped.

I think the pass mark is on a par with last year as although it has been revised up for comp 4 so have the start values proportionately. I am just surprised that a "pass" qualifies you for nationals, I would have expected a specific mark for gymnasts to achieve to qualify for nationals as an individual if they haven't made the team for their region.

I think the pass mark is on a par with last year as although it has been revised up for comp 4 so have the start values proportionately. I am just surprised that a "pass" qualifies you for nationals, I would have expected a specific mark for gymnasts to achieve to qualify for nationals as an individual if they haven't made the team for their region.

The thing is you don't want to cut out kids who have had a really bad day on one piece but who are fabulous normally. Sometimes that does happen. And marking does vary slightly from region to region. A lot of clubs choose not to take gymnasts unless they get in the team.

I believe there will be live scores on gym data - hard to compare regional scores really - think it will be closer in the top 15 than the regional results suggest - the alpha scores compared to regional also shows variances between gymnasts scores - also you can't tell if a gymnast had a good or bad day from the scores necessarily. Also some regions had theirs 6 week after others so you would/could expect those who did it later to have improved their scores in that time - there are lots of girls who could pull out a great comp on the day so it will be Interesting to see how it comes out in the wash so to speak!
I think you will still see a big difference in scores from top to bottom -

At last National Grades for dd tomorrow ......seems like its been a long wait until her 1st comp of the year...

Getting those nervous feelings well done to all those who have already competed x

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back