Parents You know you have a (future) gymnast when ...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

When you sit down to dinner with your family at a fancy restaurant overlooking a golf course and your 2 year old discovers that the balcony railing is a REALLY FUN thing to walk on... with a 15 ft drop to the ground below.. and you can't eat your dinner because you spend the whole time preventing her (fighting tooth & nail) from climbing up there.

When your au pair sends you this picture of your 2 1/2 year old while you're at work (just happened today and I thought of this thread)
oversplit.jpg

When you're driving in your car and your older 2 kiddos are making up all these really fun scenarios and playing make believe (i.e. lets pretend we're in a rocket blasting to the moon, pretend we're in a dinosaur egg in a nest getting ready to hatch, etc). Then your 4yo dd chimes in "let's pretend that Dad is driving us to gymnastics!"

When your almost-four-year-old DD's occupational therapist strongly suggests trying gymnastics as a last resort to combat your DD's high amount of sensory seeking. :)

And then it was confirmed just six months later during one of my DD's first T-Ball games, when she defiantly stomped off the field mid-inning, shouting, "I don't WANT to play T-Ball. I only want 'memastics'." (<-- obviously her pronunciation of it).

The above is just slightly embarrassing when you're the T-Ball coach!

When your almost-four-year-old DD's occupational therapist strongly suggests trying gymnastics as a last resort to combat your DD's high amount of sensory seeking. :)

And then it was confirmed just six months later during one of my DD's first T-Ball games, when she defiantly stomped off the field mid-inning, shouting, "I don't WANT to play T-Ball. I only want 'memastics'." (<-- obviously her pronunciation of it).

The above is just slightly embarrassing when you're the T-Ball coach!

Our OT had also recommended gymnastics when DD was 3! And it has been the perfect thing for her!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back