Off Topic Casey Anthony......thoughts..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I think we as a tv audience were privy to a ton of info that was inadmissible to the jury. I think the jury took seriously their job and did the best they could. Do I think justice was served for Kaylee? No. But I also don't think that Casey's life will ever be easy or normal, and she will never have peace. So...I just feel sorry that there was no closure for Kaylee. What a shame...poor little girl.

I think we as a tv audience were privy to a ton of info that was inadmissible to the jury. I think the jury took seriously their job and did the best they could. Do I think justice was served for Kaylee? No. But I also don't think that Casey's life will ever be easy or normal, and she will never have peace. So...I just feel sorry that there was no closure for Kaylee. What a shame...poor little girl.

I so agree with this! I think the prosecution was reaching a bit with such a strong conviction of 1st degree murder and the death penalty, especially when they could not provide real concrete physical proof of how and when the crime was committed. It's a shame because now Casey will probably walk free at the end of the week. But, like you said, she will NOT have an easy life and the guilt and Karma WILL catch up to her. Casey is still very young to go through the rest of her life with the truth hanging over her. It will wear her down and she will break eventually. It's a shame that there still is no justice for little Caylee.

I so agree with this! I think the prosecution was reaching a bit with such a strong conviction of 1st degree murder and the death penalty, especially when they could not provide real concrete physical proof of how and when the crime was committed. It's a shame because now Casey will probably walk free at the end of the week. But, like you said, she will NOT have an easy life and the guilt and Karma WILL catch up to her. Casey is still very young to go through the rest of her life with the truth hanging over her. It will wear her down and she will break eventually. It's a shame that there still is no justice for little Caylee.

I agree that first degree was unattainable, and they never should have gone for it. My guess is that the prosecution was human and therefore felt the emotion of this case and let it override their professional judgement. There isn't much doubt that Casey was responsible in some way for her DD's death, but there is no way to prove premeditation or deliberation, and the charges should have reflected that. Maybe some sort of manslaughter would have stuck? It doesn't seem like enough, but it's all the evidence is likely to support unfortunately.

I am so upset by this whole case. It happened pretty close to where I am and for some reason hit close to home. I know the jury did the best they could with the evidence but it is just SO obvious she was involved that it stings for her to be found not guilty. Why did she not just give Caylee to her parents if she wanted a carefree life? The whole thing is just so sad......:(

I am so upset by this whole case. It happened pretty close to where I am and for some reason hit close to home. I know the jury did the best they could with the evidence but it is just SO obvious she was involved that it stings for her to be found not guilty. Why did she not just give Caylee to her parents if she wanted a carefree life? The whole thing is just so sad......:(

I didn't watch a day of the trial...I just couldn't especially because a poor innocent child was involved. However, the thought of the possibility that she did kill her own baby is horrifying to me! I know as I live my life that her judgement day will come. How anyone can commit evil acts is beyond my understanding especially when I KNOW that day will come for us all. That little angel died senlessly...2 yrs old, what could she have possibly done to derserve it? Her eyes at her time of death is what haunts me. That picture floating around on the net embodies her 'person' and innocence. Beautiful baby girl...Very sad!

she is currently or will also still serve some jail time for other things not directly related to kaylees death such as providing false info and stuff like that. it is just soo sad. when i was watching something on it as i was flipping through the channels last night it says this case has been going on for 3 years. as it really been that long?? it seemes like it is only a year or 2 old. just to sad.

All I have to say is that the appropriate response for a woman who has just been acquitted for her daughter's murder is not grinning and high fiving your lawyers. The child is still dead. A smile, tears of relief I understand, but high fives... She didn't just win a game and last I checked there is still a dead little girl who was thrown out like a piece of trash. There isn't a thought in that woman's mind about her daughter and there hasn't been since the day she died, however the means.

I wish I could buy into the theory that she'll forever know what happened and be haunted by this, but she won't because like OJ she's a true sociopath and a narcissist and all she wants to do right now is get back to her "Bella Vita" without Caylee slowing her down.

I came across this article from 2009 regarding Casey in jail. Obviously the jury never saw this article. Casey admits that she wants another baby when she gets out of jail but a boy "this time". She admits that Caylee is "just trouble and it is all her fault". WTF??? Blaming her problems on a baby??? She truly is sick:

Your World Report-Casey Anthony: “I want another baby, but this time … a boyâ€￾

Why did I have to read this? From this woman's picture, her eyes tell me she isn't crazy just plain evil! Again, she will be judged, and this time she will NOT get out of it! That can be known for certain. I don't have the ability yet to wish for her forgiveness. Anyone that is coward enough to kill or harm a child deserves all the worst that can possibly happen to them! These kinds of stories make me hug my children harder and advocate for children whenever and always possible!!

not shocked. I think if she didn't do it, sshe is involved. Just don't think the prosecution had enough of a case. I bet the jury thought she was involved too, but they have very specific guidelines to follow when reachung a verdict.

I remember exactly where I was when I heard the OJ Simpson verdict (on a college campus shuttle bus on my way to class), but when my Facebook page blew up the other day with my outraged friends talking about how they couldn't believe the verdict, I honestly had no clue what they were talking about. Maybe I just don't watch enough tv?

Either way, I think the whole story sounds like a lose/lose situation. Terribly sad on all fronts, but why have we picked (or, rather, why has the media picked) this particular case to get us emotionally invested? There are many children who are abused/neglected by their parents, many children who go missing, many children who are murdered. It's horrible. I feel like if the mother wasn't so attractive and the daughter wasn't so lovely, none of us would ever have heard of either of them.

When Elizabeth Smart (white, blond, beautiful teenager) was kidnapped in 2002, there was another little girl kidnapped in a city near me. The other little girl was hispanic and about 10 years old. Witnesses saw her being grabbed by someone in a van while walking home from school. She was never seen again. The only media that covered the story was local, and even they buried the story beneath stories about Elizabeth Smart who lived 2500 miles away!

When the media tells me I need to care deeply about a sensational story, I usually feel manipulated. "News" needs to sell advertising, so they need eyes watching and ears hearing in order to convince advertisers to buy time from them. They need to come up with more and more titillating subject-matter in order to gain market share, and they need to convince us that we need to watch it.

I'm switching between angry, sad and disgusted about this. I wouldn't dream of saying that to a child- the worst I've done is call my three year old cousin a turkey! Jeez.

I think it's possible she got away with murder, which is pretty sick.

I ran out of emotional investment on a case a few years ago, though. I didn't have it in me to follow this case after following one about a little girl being smothered by her mother in basically my hometown--and everyone saying it was justifiable because the kid had a disability. That one STILL has me angry and sad when it comes to mind.

Child murders just take it out of me.

I like what gym_mom said. I was reading my local newspaper today and read about a number of children who have been killed. Some were African-American, some were hispanic and none received the amount of coverage as this did. To the point where people are flying to Orlando to try to kill her when she gets out of jail? That's just sensationalistic and horrible in my opinion. I think what happened was absolutely awful, but also an eye for an eye never solves anything.

My brother was talking about this and said the district attorney went too far in their charges, first degree with the death penalty. If it had been a lesser charge, or at least didn't have the death penalty, they probably would have convicted. Imagine being on that jury, and having to choose to send someone to death. Even if they are evil and did a horrible thing I can only imagine that would haunt you the rest of your life. It'd be much easier for the jury to send her to jail for life.

Then again those are just my personal beliefs.

I just am keeping that poor little girl who died far too young, along with all the other innocent victims of crimes who haven't received news coverage like this for whatever reason, in my thoughts and prayers.

I think it's possible she got away with murder, which is pretty sick.

I ran out of emotional investment on a case a few years ago, though. I didn't have it in me to follow this case after following one about a little girl being smothered by her mother in basically my hometown--and everyone saying it was justifiable because the kid had a disability. That one STILL has me angry and sad when it comes to mind.

Child murders just take it out of me.

Ohmygosh. As someone who is "disabled" that just sent chills up my spine. As a human being it makes me sick.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back