Off Topic Casey Anthony......thoughts..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I like what gym_mom said. I was reading my local newspaper today and read about a number of children who have been killed. Some were African-American, some were hispanic and none received the amount of coverage as this did. To the point where people are flying to Orlando to try to kill her when she gets out of jail? That's just sensationalistic and horrible in my opinion. I think what happened was absolutely awful, but also an eye for an eye never solves anything.

My brother was talking about this and said the district attorney went too far in their charges, first degree with the death penalty. If it had been a lesser charge, or at least didn't have the death penalty, they probably would have convicted. Imagine being on that jury, and having to choose to send someone to death. Even if they are evil and did a horrible thing I can only imagine that would haunt you the rest of your life. It'd be much easier for the jury to send her to jail for life.

Then again those are just my personal beliefs.

I just am keeping that poor little girl who died far too young, along with all the other innocent victims of crimes who haven't received news coverage like this for whatever reason, in my thoughts and prayers.

several members on the jury were pro-death sentence, and yet they all voted her not guilty. I chose not to buy into the media or things she allegedly said. Instead, I watched any live coverage I could and I understand why the jury, who wasn't subject to the way the media spun things, made the decision they did.

All that said, Casey is definitely mentally ill and her life will never be the same after this, for many reasons. Her troubles are not over, and the real tragedy here is not her verdict but that Caylee is dead.

I think it's possible she got away with murder, which is pretty sick.

I ran out of emotional investment on a case a few years ago, though. I didn't have it in me to follow this case after following one about a little girl being smothered by her mother in basically my hometown--and everyone saying it was justifiable because the kid had a disability. That one STILL has me angry and sad when it comes to mind.

Child murders just take it out of me.

just children dying at all take it out of me.:(

I came across this article from 2009 regarding Casey in jail. Obviously the jury never saw this article. Casey admits that she wants another baby when she gets out of jail but a boy "this time". She admits that Caylee is "just trouble and it is all her fault". WTF??? Blaming her problems on a baby??? She truly is sick:

Your World Report-Casey Anthony: “I want another baby, but this time … a boy”

and the problem with the article is that it can't be sustantiated. now if someone comes forward and gives their name and is willing to testify under oath and in front of a judge and a jury, then and only then can i find any hearsay testimony credible. even prosecutors stay clear of jailhouse testimonies and even when it is one of their own as in the case of the jail guard/corrections officer in the article.

the ONLY time prosecutors will consider testimony of this kind is when the information leads them to a finding/conclusion that CAN be prosecuted. like, they find a gun behind a building under a dumpster. and it has the perps fingerprints on it. and it was the perp that 'leaked' information as to where it could be found which then implicates him in the crime in some way. maybe not the shooter but complicit in the shooting.

or, the body can be found out in the field behind the barnhouse near the oak tree that has a bell on it. and the info came from the perp which again would implicate him in the crime some way. maybe not the killer but complicit in the killing somehow.

and in both examples, if the testimony were to come from someone not linked to the crime, that fact would be proven up by investigators. and still they would have to testify under oath in a court of law as to the voracity of the testimony.

courts do not believe in coincidence. 1st person perp testimony from behind bars when proven up is usually not only credible but reliable also. everyone else is hearsay and unsubstantiated.

the standard/burden of proof in criminal cases is very high. and for a reason. circumstantial is just what it is called and without a high burden/standard of proof. if it was your family member locked up for the same crime, or any other for that matter, you would NOT want unsubstantiated testimony to be allowed/admitted to their trial or used in the deliberation of a jury for the expressed purpose of rendering a guilty verdict which could sentence your family member to life without parole or the death sentence. the rule of law with our constitution and the bill of rights are better than that and protect all of us.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back