Parents DD update

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DD has really been doing great in Level 4 as have her teammates. We are so lucky that her team is made up of great kids and parents. We all get along and I'm seriously as excited for the other kids when they do something new as I am for my own.

This week at practice all of DD's teammates got their BHS or ROBHS. Our gym is small and we are not that gym where you must have all your level 4 skills to move up. So really none of them except for the repeat level 4's had consistent BHS. DD had not done one without someone at least standing there even if they didn't touch her. On Monday every girl who didn't already have it did it alone. They called all the parents over and everyone clapped for each girl. The girls felt so good. Mine beamed all the way home.

Then yesterday DD and another girl did their ROBHS with no spot. It was really cute because they were warming up just roundoffs and DD just did her ROBHS like it was old news. Her coach was really surprised. All the girls cheered and then the coach said, "Great job now follow directions." with a big grin.

They also started floor routines to music and it is soooo funny to watch. DD is just awful, but it's too cute.

I posted awhile back about DD being scared to do handstands on beam. She got her handstand last week and her dismount this week. It's been quite an exciting two weeks for her.

DD can seriously not vault at all though. She's not even close and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. Is it hard because she's small? Her and her teammate that is really tiny both struggle. DD is 39.5 inches tall and 32lbs as of March.

WOW that is great progress, good for her. My DD has been doing L4 for about 3 weeks...and she doesn't really have many of the skills yet...definitely still needs spot on ROBHS.
My DD cannot vault either, I think the small size makes it hard to get a good spring off the board.
My DD is absolutely hysterical to watch with the floor and beam choreography, too.:D:D I laugh and laugh at her and I really shouldn't because she thinks she is doing it the right way. It is so cute.
Hope your DD continues to enjoy and progress!!

DD's skills definitely aren't polished and she has a long way to go. She joined level 4 at the end of February so it's been a little over 2 months. She won't compete until the Fall of 2011 so she has plenty of time. There might be a slight possibility that her gym will talke the Level 4 team to an invitational in the Spring of 2011 and then she would be old enough to go.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back