Parents Destira leotards

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

5birds

Does anyone know how the fit of these compare with GK and Snowflake leotards? The Destira leotard size chart makes their leotards seem like they will be long and skinny. I have to figure out my daughter's size for the Manhattan Classic meet. Thanks!

:) I just had to do the same thing for the same meet! DD has a Destira already, she has a CL, which I bought by using the measurement chart (which is on their website). They say that measurements are true to size, so if your DD wears a 10-12 in clothes, get her a CL leo. I, however, ordered her a size up for the meet because it just fits her, may even be a tad small. She is tall and thin, so it's a good fit for her. So yes, I would say they are long and skinny but I've found the same thing with GK and Snowflake. She has both and I would say they're pretty comparable.

So, does she wear the same size in GK that she wears in Destira?

My daughter wears the same size in GK and Snowflake. She has a Destira leotard that is a size smaller (in terms of letter sizes) and is currently too long. It's put away until she gets taller and the GK gets too short.

Gk runs smaller (at least in the little sizes...) than destira. DD is a CS (and growing into a CM) in Gk, but a CXS (could maybe get away with a CS) in destira.

My daughter wears the same size in GK and Snowflake. She has a Destira leotard that is a size smaller (in terms of letter sizes) and is currently too long. It's put away until she gets taller and the GK gets too short.

So the Destira in the same size is longer? So if my daughter fits perfectly in a gk and snowflake child medium, I should get a child small in Destira?

Oh and my daughter is all over the place on their size chart. She is short and muscular. She normally wears a size 7 in clothes.

So the Destira in the same size is longer? So if my daughter fits perfectly in a gk and snowflake child medium, I should get a child small in Destira?

My daughter fits well in a GK and Snowflake child medium, and we found the Destira small to be about the same width but much longer.

My daughter is a size 8, but needs a 10 for length in pants. She wears an adult XS in GK, and her comp leo is a desteria child M. I ordered her a child large for the one that she is getting at her meet, since it is not until Feb., and her comp leo is slightly tighter than she likes. Her torso is very long. If you go by the size charts, she falls with in the child M in every area except for torso, and she is exactly 47 cm.

I held up her destira CL to her Snowflake AXS and the destira was a little shorter, a little wider, so I guess I found the opposite as previous responders. I find them pretty comparable. I would just go with the size chart if I were you. I'm ordering a size up just in case.

We seem to have had the opposite experience with Destira leotards. My daughter says they are a wider cut than her GK and Motionwear (which is actually her favorite brand)

I always use the torso/girth measurement first as her torso is long, relatively speaking. When I measure her and check the charts, she's generally in AXS for everything but torso is AS.

Good Luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back