WAG Favorite meets?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

dynamicduo

Proud Parent
With all this talk of meets & getting schedules out, what have been your favorite ones to attend?? We are doing a big travel meet next year(spring 2017), for the first time, and our gym will be open to some suggestions from parents! So, share your favorites & why!! Thanks! :)

My favorite was the Metroplex challenge, it was REALLY big and, in the evening, you can watch the NCAA meet! But if you looking for one in spring, this may not work. This meet was (last year) at the end of January.

My favorite was the Metroplex challenge, it was REALLY big and, in the evening, you can watch the NCAA meet! But if you looking for one in spring, this may not work. This meet was (last year) at the end of January.

Second that. Metroplex was our only travel meet so far, but we loved it. The schedule was out on time, the location was great, the meet ran smoothly, and NCAA meet was amazing!

Even though DD doesn't typically do great there, we love Circle of Stars in Indianapolis. No admission fee, fabulous vendor selection, and convenient to get to site from many hotels. Nice restaurants within walking distance and well, Indy just rocks as a city.

I second Circle of Stars! Everything cbifoja said is true: free admission for spectators, great vendors, everything in downtown Indy is connected by a skywalk system. Hotels, convention center, the mall--no need to go outside! Indianapolis might not seem like the greatest destination, but it really is such a great city.

We tend to stay on the Western side of the country for our big travel meets. My favorite so far has been Lady Luck in Vegas. Schedule was out early, they let us request our sessions due to how remote we live and having limited flight days in and out of here, and it was so well run. Seriously one of the fastest awards ceremonies I have ever sat through and our meets are super super small in our region. We had such a great time!

our favorite is the Coeur D'alene meet - the Great West Gym Fest. Great resort, reasonably price, close to some nice ski places. We were actually able to make a quick ski trip on our day off.

Best part of this meet is the "big show" event finals that allows the gymnast to compete a second time in an exhibition setting - HUGE crowds - lights/cameras pointed at each gymnast one at a time while they perform.

I agree that Circle of Stars is great option. We also enjoyed Chicago Style if you can handle Chicago in the winter! If you are looking west, I would have to say Pikes Peak or Metroplex. The Broadmoor Hotel for Pikes Peak is so lovely. At Metroplex, the level 10s get to compete on podium which is unique and the NCAA meet is very fun!

We also stayed mostly in the West, but did do a Judges Cup in Indianapolis and liked the meet and city. Lady Luck in Vegas was good; any meet in Phoenix is always good; Crystal Cup in Salt Lake is good; Kurt Thomas and Metroplex in Dallas are good; Spirit of the Flame in San Jose is good. Pikes Peak in C.Springs is only Ok; yes the Broadmoor is lovely, but it is VERY pricey and they are not really guest-friendly. Our lone east-ward journey was to Chicago Style and we loved that meet as well; yes it is big, but they do a really good job even in sub-zero weather like last year.

Pink Invitational in PA. Wonderfully run for such a large meet, great venue with lots of hotel options (with the exception of when the Flower Show is held the same weekend...a little tougher to get rooms), schedule is out far in advance, weather is cool but not freezing.

Best part of this meet is the "big show" event finals that allows the gymnast to compete a second time in an exhibition setting - HUGE crowds - lights/cameras pointed at each gymnast one at a time while they perform.

Finals is why I actually like our last hosted meet. We're one of the few meets I know of that have an event final the last day of competition and it's so fun to see the big deal made out of the gymnasts.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back