Coaches Gyms in New York City

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

CoachJess

Coach
Proud Parent
Judge
I recently found out that one of my Xcel athletes will be moving to NYC later this year, and they are looking for a gym that has an Xcel program. Any suggestions?

Chelsea Piers, although I don't see anything about it on their website, I'm seeing results from last years NY Xcel states. So it looks like they have it. They should call and ask.

Looks like NYC Elite does USAIGC. I wouldn't rule USAIGC out because it is similar and bigger in NY than other places. I would recommend they just try a practice at each possible gym they can commute at the level that mostly closely matches her current level, before they decide.

Also, depending on where they live and their transportation, they might be able to go to suburban gyms.

Oh yeah forgot that Chelsea piers does excel. Nyc elite definitely does not. most Ny area meets are usag and igc excel is not big here. Also depends on where in the city I'm assuming you mean Manhattan.

It depends a lot on where they live. Commuting in the city is horrendous, much more doable in some places than others. If it's someplace other than Manhattan, I know of Aviator Sports in Brooklyn which I think has a pretty nice gym and a USAIGC team and Nina's Gymnastics in Queens has had level 9/10s in the past, not sure about currently or whether they offer Xcel or USAIGC. I'm sure there are plenty of others.

As others have said it will depend a lot on where they are living...Galaxy & Westchester are potential options if they are not living in Manhattan.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back