HELP- I can't get into my user profile

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymGirl's Mom

Proud Parent
When I click on my name I get Gymgirl08085 Mom's account. It has been this way since I created an account over 6 mos ago- help!

I went to the admin page for your account, it all looks fine. I also checked the other account you named, Gymgirl08085 Mom's, and no such account exists.

Clearly you can log in, or you wouldn't be able to post a new topic. What exactly are you tring to do? WHat exactly do you see on the profile page?

OK thanks, I guess when I click on my name and I get Gymgirl0805 Mom it must be me. I am glad no one sees it on their end- it kind of weirds me out- good to know it's nothing.

I can log in and post as me- but when I click my profile/username- the profile of Gymgirl0805 Mom comes up-- it's weird- it's hard for me to explain- I'll see if I can do a screen capture so you can see what I am talking about--- I swear I have not lost my mind- lol

A screen capture would be great. I can let JBS know, but I just want to work it out before I drag him in!

I don't think you have lost your mind, wierd stuff happens all the time on here!

Is it possible to email you? I took a screen shot of the Gymgirl0805's Mom but I could only save it into a word document b/c I don't have a graphics program on my computer. PM me with your email if this is ok.

I see what you are saying. when you click on her proflie to view her info and stuff it says her username is gymgirl0805 like how id is/was on 10.0's

I see what you mean and now I have found two accounts and one of them isn't you!!! I am going to let JBS know as this is too funky for me to fix. AT least you cna get on, but I would advise against sending PM's right now as the other user may get responses etc. I will let you know.

Message sent- as a side note I always get this message when I send a PM:

Database error
The The Chalk Bucket database has encountered a problem.
Please try the following:
Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
Open the www.chalkbucket.com home page, then try to open another page.
Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.chalkbucket.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

But the message always goes though- and I have gotten responses from those who I PM and I am able to read the response

GT thinks it might have something to do with using punctuation in a user name, and I am inclined to agree with him. We have seen similar issues before, like with 10.0's account, but thought it was random. Hopefully we can get this worked out soon.

The other user hasn't been on the CB for two months or so, it would be interesting to see if she has issues as she uses the dreaded apostophe as well.

Well we are 100% certain it is due to the punctuation as any issues we have seen have been when members have usernames iwht punctuation.

Waiting for JBS to find the time to check it out.

OK thanks.

Do you think maybe I should just create a new username-- GymGirlsMom or something similar and begin posting as that and see if it fixes the problem. I am not obsessed with my current user name or anything- it really means nothing to me I do not mind changing it.

PM me. I would like to try changing your username. Let me know what you want to be called, I will leave the password the same. After I change it you will need to log in with the new username. Do not use any punctuation in the new name. We mods think it may be the fix.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back