Off Topic Sequins in warmups

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey, does anyone know if there's a way to remove sequins from a warmup jacket? For context, I have this black jacket with my name on it from my previous gym but the back is too flashy and has the previous gym's name on it. Since we can't sell it (my name's on there), I want to get remove the gym's name so I can wear it normally. (I probably could wear it as is if it was a gym I was happy with but I have bad memories/experience in the gym so would like to get rid of it)

Depends on how the sequins are held on. If they are sewn, just clip the threads, carefully, and pull the sequins off one at a time. Don't get impatient, it will take a long time but if you don't want to accidentally snip the material this is the way to do it. You may want to invest in a seam ripper rather than attempting with scissors. However, if they are glued on , not sure there is anything you can do, although I'm not proficient at sewing so I'm not 100% sure.

Sequins do fall of cheaply made stuff and clothing that is not washed correctly. You may damage the garment by trying to get rid of the sequins by hot washing for example. I would probably try and add a pretty/relevant applique patch over it

If they are glued on, I will warn you removing them can look very ugly because there will be glue leftovers. I've tried this experimentally, so I know a few ways that can work. (Using a bedazzler to heat them up and then pulling them off, using nail polish removal, certain laundry detergents). If they're glued on, doing it yourself is likely a lot of work and will end up looking ugly. The only exception may be if the glue comes of easily and the material isn't very synthetic (so e.g. mostly cotton).

I agree with the previous poster, you could try talking to a seamstress. Unfortunately, if the garment is synthetic I dont think there's much you can do...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back