Parents How many leotards?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

How many leotards does your DD have? DD now has 2 that fit, thinking about getting one more. She is going twice a week for pre-team. I'm sure when they are going every day they have a few more than that :)

You don't want to know! lol!! They have become a bit of an addiction! Alex probably has about 20 to 25 that fit her currently. I just can't resist a great deal! I usually buy them on ebay and then resell them when they are either to small or not in her current favorites anymore! Be careful....it is easy to be sucked in!!

You don't want to know! lol!! They have become a bit of an addiction! Alex probably has about 20 to 25 that fit her currently. I just can't resist a great deal! I usually buy them on ebay and then resell them when they are either to small or not in her current favorites anymore! Be careful....it is easy to be sucked in!!

Now I don't feel so bad! My dd has 24 leotards that fit (including her competition leotard) and only 6 left that dont (too small)...need to start selling on ebay again! I do swear that ebay is the best for buying and selling leotards. If you take good care of them, you can usually get back about what you pay! I've had awesome luck!

I am also embarrassed to say! Way too many. DD got the majority of them from hand me downs from a few of her good friends that quit gymnastics or bigger girls that out grew them. We just went through her bin of leos and got rid of any that were too small, too itchy, too hot, unlucky (that's a big one in our house lol) etc. I told her if you don't wear them get rid of them. She just took a bag of about 25 leos to the gym to hand out. It is a sickness! I can try and rationalize that we have been acculumulating them over the last 7 years (dd will probably compete L9 this year). DD is small and still wears her lucky leo.... the one she got her kip in! lol

Not unreasonable at all. My pre-teamer who only goes twice has 6, 2 are hand-me-downs from her sister. Let's just say her sister has a lot more. :D

I better not let my DD see this thread. :) She always thinks that she needs more leos, LOL. She has 9 right now, but several are too small. I'll be selling those at our gym's used leo sale in a few weeks. Sure that we will find a few more from the sale to buy, so we'll be "holding" at 9. DD will probably add a few more if grandma goes to a meet.

My daughter has around 10 that fit I believe. Enough that I can wait a couple weeks before washing them all together! She would love to have more than that though! LOL! She is kind of at a hard place to fit with child mediums getting pretty snug but most child larges being too big!

My DD goes twice a week for preteam, plus open gym on Friday's and has 6 leos. She's been wearing one everyday for camp this summer so it has been great not having to wash them in the middle of the week! Might be time for a new one soon...LOL!

probably about 10 - 15 I lost count. My mom seems to always get her a new one every thime she stops by. I can't even say how many she has that she loves and doesn't fit but isn't ready to give up.

Too many. About 25ish, not including her comp & showcase leos. She has a couple long-sleeves for winter practices, and the rest are a split between the velvety ones that she prefers for winter and the lycra ones for warmer weather. 5 or 6 of those are too small and will be sold or passed on to someone else soon. It is very much an addiction.

My DD has her competition leotard and about 7 training leos - but always seems to wear the same two! I make her training leos - she seems to be between two sizes of leo, a 32 fits her in the width but is too short in the body, a 34 is the right length but too loose in the width. She likes the fit of the ones I make, at the butt, across the shoulders, and through the armholes - plus she gets to have a periodic dig through my lycra stash and pick her own fabrics! At the moment her two favourites are one in matt black lycra, with a tribal-type sun applique in black mystique fabric with jet black rhinesones, and a very plain one in matt black lycra that has a printed foil glitter design in silver. She lives in velvet leos in the winter, but matt black lycra is definitely the fabric of the moment - and it washes and wears so much better than mystique lycra

So glad to hear we're not alone. DD also has way too many -- at least 15 - 20. My husband has been getting her a new one about every month now (of course they're the expensive ones at the gym!). DD is pretty funny because she will not wear any leo 2 consecutive weeks. She's got some sort of rotation scheme going. It's recently been complicated by the use of sports training bras because, of course, they also have to match. Special occasions also can impact the rotation because Valentine's Day requires a reddish leo. When she met Nastia at camp last year she had to wear one of her leos and this year she decided to use the rainbow approach to decide what leos to wear to camp (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple).

Last edited:
We got a bag full (10-12) from a girl who quit for $50. Thought that was a good deal since it also included 2 warmups and they were all bought from the gym. She had to have some of the shorts to go over which we bought at the gym.....she won't go underwear-less, which her coach said is pretty common at her age, but that's a topic for another thread, lol.

I am also embarrassed to say! Way too many. DD got the majority of them from hand me downs from a few of her good friends that quit gymnastics or bigger girls that out grew them. We just went through her bin of leos and got rid of any that were too small, too itchy, too hot, unlucky (that's a big one in our house lol) etc. I told her if you don't wear them get rid of them. She just took a bag of about 25 leos to the gym to hand out. It is a sickness! I can try and rationalize that we have been acculumulating them over the last 7 years (dd will probably compete L9 this year). DD is small and still wears her lucky leo.... the one she got her kip in! lol

Alex can still wear her lucky leo too. It is about 2 years old now and still seems to be pretty lucky. She got her kip, flyaway and BHS on beam in that leo!

My dd7 has 7 right now and is waiting for her competition leo to come in, so that will be 8. She wishes for more though!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I'm a little embarrassed to admit that my 5 year old pre-teamer has 9 that she can wear now, though a couple are getting a little small, and then she has 2 more that will fit in a year or so. I've bought most of them used off of Craigslist or eBay. I'm done buying for awhile now. I think she has plenty since she only goes twice a week. (Well...unless a good deal comes along.. :rolleyes: )

I too would fall into the too embarrassed to say the exact number group BUT my daughter has been in the same size leotard for well over 2 years now. I am actually dreading when she finally grows in the body and I have to replace them all... that's gonna be painful... ;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back