Parents Last Level 5 meet (AAU Age Group Nationals)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We just got back from Disney. It was a nice place to have a meet. The girls got to compete and then go play at all the parks.

The girls compete AAU after their USAG season is over. It is something fun they do over the summer. This year the AAU Age Group National meet was held at the ESPN Wide World of Sports. Our girls did awesome. I have attached a link to my DD's video. She had a great time, but she told me these were not her best routines. She actually started training for Level 6 a month ago with new coaches, and they prefer different techniques. So they have been tearing down her skills and rebuilding them. Some she has got put back together, but some she is still trying to fiqure out (like her cast, not quite has high as normal).

YouTube - 2010 AAU Age Group National Championship - Level 5.wmv

Wow she did beautifully and those are some super crazy high scores! If those were not her best routines, wow...I thought they were beautiful! Congrats to her on being national champ!:D Love the proud mom scream at the end, too!:p

Wow she did beautifully and those are some super crazy high scores! If those were not her best routines, wow...I thought they were beautiful! Congrats to her on being national champ!:D Love the proud mom scream at the end, too!:p

Sorry about the proud mom scream. I forgot to edit that out. LOL :)

Wow, that was a good scream.. Well done.. LOL

She did awesome. The routines for AAU looked exactly the same for USAG. Are they?

Great job on the video too, I loved it.. Although, I had almost forgotten how much I hate that level 5 floor music :D:D

Wow, that was a good scream.. Well done.. LOL

She did awesome. The routines for AAU looked exactly the same for USAG. Are they?

Great job on the video too, I loved it.. Although, I had almost forgotten how much I hate that level 5 floor music :D:D

Yes, the AAU routines for Level 5 are exactly the same as the USAG. The only difference is that they can use an airboard instead of a springboard for vault.

I have to agree about the level 5 music. Honestly, I can't wait until my DD reaches level 7. That way I can hear all kinds of music during a meet. :)

I have to agree about the level 5 music. Honestly, I can't wait until my DD reaches level 7. That way I can hear all kinds of music during a meet. :)

it is much better at level 7. It was actually fun to watch all the floor routines for a change... LOL

WOW!!! Those were some very clean routines! She will do very good as a level 6 and soon to be level 7.

I have to agree that level 7 is a lot better in the floor music department. You get to see lots of different routines and hear some cool music. It is fun to see how the routine reflects the gymnasts personallity!!! Although you hear some music over and over again if it is a popular song. That happened a lot during my season.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back