Level 5 vault

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello all, i was just wondering about the level 5 vault. How much deduction is it for a pike and no block? Also how do u get rid of the pike? I know that heal drive can help, but every time the vault is still pike?? Basically how to get rid of pike and add more block?? Thanks.

There is an up to .5 deduction for pike, in all three phases of the vault.

We have an up to 1.0 deduction for the angle of repulsion (so where your body is when you do block off the vault) and an up to .3 deduction for being on the vault for too long. Block also ties into height and distance, which are up to .5 and .3 respectively AND dynamics, which is an up to .3. (I don't have my book with me, so these are coming from memory and I'm not the most amazing vault judge in the world, so if someone else knows differently, then I'm probably just getting some numbers confused.)

In my experience piking and lack of blocking often originate in the hurdle and body position on the board. I'm sure there are some very knowledgable coaches here who can give a little more insight into this.

If you are piking you are bringing your hands down from repulsion off the board.

Make sure your hands are rising from the board: that is, if your feet are on the board, your hands are by your hips. If your feet are in the air, your hands are up above your head.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back