Parents Maybe we need a little roll call

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Bribri... I remember the original discussion of where your niece should go... where did she end up? It's possible we'll be at some of the same meets this season if she continues on the team!

Hi everyone. I have an 8yo dd who will compete level 4 USAG this fall. She lives, breathes, dreams, can't get enough of...GYMNASTICS!

I have a 15 yr old who is training 9 after sitting out most of last season with an injury. I have learned many thing at CB over the years......dont hesitate to ask questions.

My DD is a great gymnast in my eyes with determination to over come many fears and mental blocks. She may never be top of the podium but that is not what matters.......

I have a DS who is 14 and will begin HS in the fall. He enjoys basketball & video games. My gymnast is DD who will turn 11 on Monday (where does the time go). She started in a pre-school class @ 5, then moved up slowly but surely from there. She will compete L5 in the fall. Unfortunately it appears that she has developed Severs ( just statred last week) so we shall see how this impacts her journey. Ironically, I am now teaching the pre-school class that started it all !

Hi everyone! I have a 5 year old (6 in October) who is on pre-team and training some level 4 skills. She may do some level 3 competitions next year...not sure yet though.

HI, I am a long time gym fan, teacher-trainer and gym aunt. My real niece is 8, C does dance and rec gym and lives cross country. My "almost niece" E (daughter of my best friend) is 2 and 1/2 in mommy and me, moving up to preschool this fall. She lives near by and is the cutest toddler ever. She knows that if she flings herself at me then I will filp her over, lately she bends over so I can give her upside down hugs.

Hi, my name is Jennifer and I have a dd who is 10 and a level 6. She has been in gym since she was 3. I have another dd who is 6 and started gym last August. She just made the developmental team and is trying hard to prove to older dd that she is the stronger one.

Hi all. I have two girls. The oldest started in rec at 7 and is now training level 5 at 9 years old. My youngest is 5 and has just moved this summer into the lower of 2 levels of pre-team at the gym. I feel like I am now officially a gym mom as I am now writing checks for dues, team leotard, etc...

I am a homeschooling mom of 6 kids. #5 is my gymnast. She is 11 and will be level 9 next year.

Hello everyone... been around a few years off and on. DD is 12 and will compete level 10 and training elite. We don't compete until Jan. so we will see what happens. :)

Hi, I am a mom of 3 DD's.

The oldest is 10 is training for level 7. 3 events are pretty good, but we're not sure about bars. The other issue is the money. I'm looking for a full time job so that we can afford it. Otherwise she'll have to drop back and do rec. only :(

My middle DD is 8 and a former level 4. She decided she was tired of the boring, repetitive routines and quit. We finally found a level appropriate rec class for her, but, again, we're short on funds at the moment. I think she may have a future as a coach or judge, though. During practices, she'll sit there and tell me what the girls need to correct. It's funny, but she's actually really good!

Littlest DD is 4 and is a little ball of energy. She's never really been in classes, but has grown up in the gym. She loves to teach herself skills and is a total perfectionist. We'll see what we end up doing with her.

role call

I have 4 kids. BeeBee Loo is my youngest DD and has been doing gymnastics for a year now. She was in dance and acro before that. She is 8 years old and started out last year at the lowest level at her gym. She zoomed through 2 levels, skipped a third, and is now in the highest level rec level for both the regular gymnastics and tumbling. Her tumbling coach mentioned her being ready for pre-team in the fall but neither one of us are interested in the competition aspect of gymnastics for a lot of reasons. Gymnastics is her fun and games - she laughs with joy the whole time she is there. Tumbling is her true love and where she really excels. The Brain is my oldest daughter at 9 years of age. She is usually in dance but likes to do gymnastics in the summer. She wanted to take tumbling this summer and has found it really is not her cup of tea - too much work. Next up is my youngest son Davinci. He is 11 years old and likes anything he can do sitting on his fanny - drawing, reading, etc. He also loves to act and take things apart to see how they work. He did try both dance and gymnastics briefly but has a coordination disorder and severe hypontonia that makes coordinated movement difficult. My oldest son, Mozart, is 13 and has been in dance since he was 4 years old. He also took acro through dance and some tumbling at gymnastics but hasn't done any for over a year now. I was so suprised the other day when he did a beautiful back walk over for his dance teacher. It was gorgeous for not having done one in so long. BeeBee Loo of course had something to say about his bent legs and endeavored to give him corrections/suggestions of which he really didn't want to hear.

I have 3 kids. DD1 is 11yr and a softball player. She did gym from 15 months old until she was about 8yr, but truthfully, it just wasn't her thing. DD2 is 4.5yr and my gymmie. She is in a TAG class (like developmental or hot shots) and training a variety of skills as well as TOPs with the hopes she will be ready to compete level 4 by the time she is old enough. DS is 2yr and trying his hardest to be just like his sisters.

I have 2 girls. DD1 is my gymnast. Started late and competed L4 in 4th grade......fast forward a few years and she competed L8 in 8th grade. Not sure what level she will do this year, her skills for L9 are coming along nicely. Season starts in December. DD2 is my sporty one. She loves all sports with a ball. Brag Alert! She just was asked to be on the all star team for softball. (I still think basketball is her favorite) I can't tell you how much I enjoy watching DD2's sports. (except when she is pitching). Much less stressful than watching a meet. I am glad they each have their own path. I couldn't handle 2 gymnasts! lol....

I read more then I post but every once in awhile I will pop in with something to say :)

I have 3 kids. Oldest DS just turned 15 yrs old. He plays Travle baseball and also plays for his High School team.

Middle DS is 12 yrs old and also a twin to DD. He loves to Surf and also plays baseball and soccer. He is also hoping to run cross country for his middle school this year.

DD is the gymnast in the family. She is 12 yrs old and a Level 8. So far the highlight of the summer has been after a year of working on it she is FINALLY flipping the Yurchenko with confidence. Boy has it been a long time coming. :) She now has all of her 8 skills ready and has been working on a lot of L9 skills. She has been having a lot of fun this summer.

Hi everyone! I am mom to 3 kiddos. DS is 9 and did gymnastics for a while but now only does it when he can fit it in between football, basketball and baseball. Fortunately, all these sports are seasonal so he can participate in each of them. He is currently playing on his all-star baseball team for the summer and loving it but can't wait for football to start.

DD is 7 and has been doing gym since mommy and me. She just started training level 3 this summer and will start competing in the fall. She also loves soccer and dance, but I'm not sure we will be able to fit those in once school starts.

My other DS is 2 and has attended a few mommy and me classes and loved them. He thinks he's big stuff when he can show everyone his front somersault.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back