Parents Maybe we need a little roll call

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

cher062

Well we seem to have alot of newbies here with lots of really great questions. So I though maybe a little roll call of eveyone might be in order I'll start

I have a DD 14 training for L8 in the fall. She has been doing this since mom and me classes at 18 mos ( yup along time)

I had a son in it from 3yo until he dislocated his Knee at 16yo he is now 19. So between them both I have been doing the parent gym thing for over 15 years. And now am thinking of becoming a judge for this (crazy I know)Can't believe its been that long since we started this.

Ok who is next.

HI all. I have an dd who is turning hear in a couple of weeks. Training level 9 and Hopes. Finished last year first year level 8 and finished 2nd at regionals. We have as well been doing this since she was 18 months.My brilliant idea for eye hand coorindation. never expected this lol

I have a DD (11) competed Level 5 last season and hoping to compete Prep Op or Level 7 this fall (if she can get her giants!!). She did a toddler class at age 2 but then we left gym for a few years. She started again when she was 8 and joined the team just before she turned 9. So she was a late starter. I also have a DS (7) who started rec classes this past January when he was still 6. He is hoping to make the team next year! So I could be in this for another 10+ years!!! Not sure if my wallet can take it!!!

I have a ten year old DD who is a floor and vault gymnast, training 8 hours a week in the UK. She started doing gym because her dance school made 'stretch class' mandatory for all, but because she was very flexible already started having problems with the older girls in the class who couldn't get their splits etc - they were accomplished dancers who had problems accepting a younger girl who could do things they couldn't! Anyway, we negotiated with the dance school that she would do a rec gym class, then she was offered more gym, but at a level that she can still dance - but she is now really a 'gymnast who dances' rather than a 'dancer that does gym'

Pippa started novice comps at the start of this year, moved up to intermediate mid spring, and it looks likely that she will move to advanced for next years comps (we are pretty much done for this year with competitions). She is never going to be an artistic gymnast, but works hard and loves every minute - at the moment her favourite thing is counting her bruises from beam and bars!

I have two teenage sons who are into judo. I am very glad to have found this forum, as my main gripe about gym is that the feedback/information from the club is minimal - I know nothing, but if I ask too many questions I feel like a fussy mum! I don't want to fuss or push, I just don't know stuff!!!

Hi everyone! I am one of the newbies ;). DD started preschool classes last summer when she was 3 and she continued through this past year. At the end of the last session the HC recommended her for pre-team. She will be 5 on Halloween. There are no official pre-team practices in the summer, or at least they aren't listed on the schedule like they are during the school year so she starts tomorrow with summer classes in the intermediate girls...they have 6 levels, this will be level 5/6 combined, 1.5 hrs 1x a week to ease in to it and also see how she does (she could do 2x a week if we wanted). In the fall they have two levels of pre-team, one that practices 1.5 hrs 2x a week and the other is 1hr 45 mins 3x a week, my wallet is hoping that they say she only needs two practices a week in the fall!

As for me, I did gymnastics until I was 6 and then switched to acrobatics at a dance studio until I was 14 so I only did floor. I could do the basics but never got really advanced, but I do have a basic idea of some of the skills and have always been a gymnastics fan in general.

Definitely nervous for tomorrow, anxious to see what levels will be with her in this class, how old the girls are, etc....but also hoping she will be brave and not nervous for the new class.

My dd (just turned 9) is L3. She has been taking gymnastics for almost 2 years. Although we have tried other things, she seems to really enjoy gymnastics the most.

My ds competed for awhile as well but now does other sports instead.

Welcome, Newbies! This site is the best for parents who are just trying to figure it all out as they go along. My gymmie dd is 10, training level 6. She is a twin and her sister eschews gymnastics in favor of dance and art.

Parent to three great kids. Mod/admin on the Chalkbucket and gymnastics LOVER.

Oldest, son will turn 19 tomorrow.

Then my two ex-gymmies

DD, 14 stopped gym at L6/7, recovering from surgery for spondylolysis and 'lysthesis, a gift from a hyper flexible back and not so flexi shoulders. She is trying to juggle, playing guitar and being very BORED whilst she heals for six months.

DD, 12 stopped gym at L5/6, soon to be cheerleader, made a L2/3 cheer team at a town an hour away. So I'll be cheermom. URGH!

DD is 10 and in a prep-op level equivalent to level 6/7 (level 6 on bars - no giants, level 7 skills on other events).

We have a 7 yo that competed level 5 this past season. As for next season, who knows...I like how other parents already know. DD's gym holds out until the last minute, but they uptrain so much so that is okay.

DD started gym on a whim as a means to quite her down as older DD was at her practice. Well she loved it and the rest is history....

I am mom to a 7 yr. old DD who will be competing a 2nd yr. of level 4 this fall. She loves several different sports but has committed to gymnastics at this point. I also have a 9 yr old son who is learning golf and now wants to also take Karate. Welcome to our new posters!

I have a 7 yo training L4 but may have to do another year at L3 (no ro bhs yet). Also mom to 3 yo ds and gymmie to be I'm sure. They both also love to swim! DD also loves to dance and is trying her first dance class tomorrow (ballet, jazz, tap). She thinks ballet is too slow so I thought the combo class would be the perfect fit for her.

lilgymmie7, We sometime know what level they are competeingthe next year because of up training. Breanna has almost all of her level 9 skills and with so long to go she will definately make it to nine. If she has her way she would make it to level 10. to bad i planned a 3 week vacation. ooopppsss that will take away from training lol

We have a 7 yo that competed level 5 this past season. As for next season, who knows...I like how other parents already know. DD's gym holds out until the last minute, but they uptrain so much so that is okay.

DD started gym on a whim as a means to quite her down as older DD was at her practice. Well she loved it and the rest is history....

The fellows is 7 and will compete her first season as a level 4 this next year. She will train with the second year level 4s since she worked out with the level 4s for half the previous season. That will be good for uptraining and such. This is what we assume anyway but they are reserving the final call until October sometime. I doubt anything will change, but you just never know from one day to the next. They seem to always change their mind midway with her.

Welcome to everyone new. I was right with ya not to long ago. Everyone here is great and I have learned so much. I have also grown to understand that having no idea what is going on is just part of the game.

Last edited:
Hello all, I am mom to 3...tiny DD who is 4 and does rec/preschool gymnastics, little DD who is 7 and will be doing 2nd year of L4/or maybe going to prep op?...and older DD who is 10 and training 2nd year L5 or maybe L6 or maybe prep op into L7/who knows. All I know is I am at the gym A LOT and writing LOTS of checks. DD's have been doing gymnastics for 4 years. Welcome to all!

I have a 10 y o dd who is training Level 8 and a 6 y o dd who is training level 4 - I too write lots of checks and drive to the gym alot!!!! I have found this board to be informative and entertaining so far! I also have 3 boys who do everything but gymnastics (or so it seems).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back