Parents Maybe we need a little roll call

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Welcome Newbies,

My DD is 14 years old, and just quit the sport in the spring. She had been training L7, but broke her foot 1 week before the season started, so never competed. She did compete at two pre-season meets as a L7. She is now doing high school cheer!

My other DD is 12 years old. She was training L4 but just quit this week.:( Both girls will do tumbling so I get to be at the gym at least 2 hours a week (vs. the 20 hours I was doing before). She wants to try hip hop dancing too.

Thanks

Gonna jump in, better late then never. DD Jess is 9yo (10 in October) competing level 7 in the fall. My older DD Sam is on dance, cheer and acro teams.

Yes, I am crazy. I work really hard to keep them both doing what they love and the teenager occupied. LOL

I agree, better late than never! :D I read a lot of posts, but haven't formally introduced myself and my family. I have two DDs. My gym adventure started with my oldest at age 6. She is 10 now, aiming to compete L8 in December, and is a complete and total gym rodent. The only other thing she likes as much as gymnastics (or "torture" disguised as sport if you ask me) is art. Don't see her slowing down any time soon, so I sit back and watch, and hope that she stays healthy and I can continue to give her the opportunity to take this journey as far as she would like to go.

Little Sis is 9 and just started gymnastics a few months ago, God help me, and surprising the heck out of me. She has had a ton of home "coaching" and has most of her L4 skills, but most importantly she is beyond thrilled to be a part of it all. She may or may not compete eventually, but I am so excited to see her new-found determination to do her best. She also rides horses and wants to be a runner. And she aspires to take her fabulous improv routines out of our living room an be an actress someday, so we shall see...

I have to say that I'm finding the gym to be an amazing place for both of my girls to learn all sorts of things about themselves and life, and a little about gymnastics to boot!

Hi everyone! I'm totally new here. :) My daughter is 6 and was just invited to join the L3 team. We're so excited!!! She also participates in competitive dance. I'm looking forward to all the great advice and stories from ya'll. :)
Laura

Welcome TexasRose! I am in Houston and have a toddler gymmie almost niece (my best friend's little girl) and a real niece who is a dancer and rec gymnast in Michigan. It's a great site.

Hi! I've been reading posts on Chalkbucket for a while, but also hadn't introduced myself. My daughter is training L7 and getting ready to start middle school in a few weeks. We live in Region 8. I have found chalkbucket to be a great place to learn information and also just to get a better understanding of different perspectives on things. I love hearing about how gymnastics works in other areas of the country and world.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back