My Coach is Wrong?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm a gymnast who is very lucky to have a wonderful and very helpful coach. He is great to me, teaches me a lot, and I'm grateful for that.

However, sometimes it seems like his information is a little off.

I'm trying to go for level 9 next year, and a lot of the answers my coaches give me don't exactly line up with what is stated at Chalkbucket, or the Code of Point for that matter.

To be specific, my coach believes that if I compete a round off layout 1/2 front pike on floor (B to a B), I will get .1 to .2 bonus. I know that this isn't true (please correct me if I'm wrong), but I can't find a way to tell my coach.

I can't exactly walk up to him and say "Actually, you're wrong".

What do I do in a situation like this? I really want to get a 10.0 SV, and I also don't want my teammate's routines to be skewed either.

Anyways, thanks for reading, and hopefully he'll just stumble across the correct information on his own and this will all be solved.

As long as you are respectful there is nothing wrong with correcting him. Coaches make mistakes just like any other person. An ideal coach-gymnast relationship is one where they both feel comfortable, and somethings small like correcting a mistake isn't made into a big deal.

That is true. B to B tumbling on floor has been bonus for at least 5 years. It's .1. That happened back when they changed a front layout from a C to B value (this was when I was still competing), so front lay front lay would still be bonus. Half punch front lay/pike is bonus, but I prefer to see the layout in level 9.

Wow! Thank you for the correction! Quite glad I didn't "correct" him, that would have been very embarrassing...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back