WAG National Gymnastics Day- What does your gym do?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We are a newer gym, not very well known in the community, and in an area where gymnastics is not very popular at all. We are starting to attract some more attention, but we thought National Gymnastics Day might be a good opportunity to have an open house type set up to bring in people from the neighboring community who have heard of us or driven past and are curious, or people who might have developed an interest in gymnastics from seeing it during the Olympics. I'm just curious what other gyms do for NGD or open house type events?

The plan so far is to have team demos, tours of the gym, maybe a few strength/balance games or stations set up to give them a taste of gym without safety/liability issues. But I'm not entirely sure what else should be done.

Some do a cartwheel a thon to raise money for charity.
I have seen mention of those in some of my research, unfortunately we have tried those twice and they weren't a huge hit so I'm looking for something a little different to bring in people who aren't already students.

Lots of gyms in my area do free open gym, with team exhibitions. Kinda like a open house. DJ, Photo booth, and open gym - free. Pay for food and raffle tickets for baskets and discount on classes (10% if you join today). Other gyms just do open gym.

Nothing, not at the 2 gyms we have been members of. Didn't even know it was thing until I discovered CB.

The gym does attend local events spread the word about that gym. Fairs, parades things like that.

As far as spreading the word you might do better to do a tumbling show at a local event.

No gym we have ever been a part of has celebrated this. At three gyms so far my girls have informed the confused coaches what/when it was. I think it's great that gyms acknowledge and make a thing of it. Why not an open house/open gym type deal? Liability can be handled with a stack of releases ready for the signing.

Lots of gyms in my area do free open gym, with team exhibitions. Kinda like a open house. DJ, Photo booth, and open gym - free. Pay for food and raffle tickets for baskets and discount on classes (10% if you join today). Other gyms just do open gym.

This is pretty much what we do. I've got the DJ booked, we will have a team demo, raffles, etc.

we don't celebrate it over here, plus with 500+ on the waiting list, a local gym just shut its doors and the Olympic Effect, we couldn't cope with more students

we don't celebrate it over here, plus with 500+ on the waiting list, a local gym just shut its doors and the Olympic Effect, we couldn't cope with more students
I'm having trouble reconciling a 500+ waiting list, the Olympic Effect, and the shutting of a local gym.

They moved miles down the road, miles up from an established gym, leaving that side of the county with no provision, personally I think its a nuts business decision but there you go. We are trying to extend but it takes time to get planning etc

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back