Off Topic Off on a road trip

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Welcoem to the Chalkbucket and congrats on surviving reading my rambling!!!

DD is dear or darling daughter! Your girl will make friends instantl at IGC. The supervisors in the cabin made sure everyone got aquainted with cabin cheers and games. They really know what they are doing.

The outlet was exactly 2 hours and about 20 minutes. The directions I got from google maps were spot on. FOr me it was worth it as we cannot buy adidas suits here. But they had the most in the cm to as sizes. If you like a bargain it was def worth it. Though the area and the town of Reading was not too impressive and could be even described as a litlle dodgly.

It was almost on the way to DC, so it didn't really add too much to the trip. PLus some of the scenery was lovely.

AS for the leotards, I can't believer she left them, but even more than that I can't believe that some other child/parent actually took them home and kept them. Imagine if your kid showed up with 9 almost new leos with the name inside, I think I'd notice. We are talking about 10 year old too. Makes me wonder about some people. We live and learn.

Thanks for the info about the outlet. I may go, not sure yet. Might hang out with the husband in the Poconos and head over to NYC for a day or two.

I am glad to hear about the cabin supervisors and the atmosphere there, I will try not to worry!

That is crazy that someone picked up her leotards, hopefully they will be returned.

I know everyone mostly says the love the camp their DD go to, but so glad to hear your daughters loved IGC. I really feel safe sending my daughter there, and know that she will have fun every year. Next year she will be a 5 year veteran!! And yes, the pictures are the best! DD doesn't know if she'd stay two weeks. She'd love to, but thinks she might get too sad when all the other kids leave. She said maybe next year, but we'll see what's in the budget. Maybe if they give a good deal.

Hope the leo's get returned. Have to contacted the camp to see if anyone has called them. DD lost a sweatshirt her first year and still talks about it. But losing all her leos - yeah, I'd have to lock myself up until I calmed down. Outlet is about 2 hours from me, I make the trip once in the fall and once in the spring. I agree it's not the best area, but well worth it.

My 8 year old dd goes on her first camp in august. Poor little baby bog. I can see my dd doing that. As her socks and knickers have a hard time getting to the laundry basket each night bringing home all her leos after a week is going to be a hard one! I was going to send her with her favourites. After reading your tale - perhaps not! Hope you have them returned soon.

Yeah I am still waiting to hear from IGC, they did respond to say they have a mountain of lost property so I sent them a list with descriptions of all 9 leos. I have a sinking feeling aout it right now, I cannot believe how irrational my reaction is to the issue, she didn't lose the family pet, she lost clothing. I need a slap!

They were all here favs, and most of them newish. Baby Bog is off to camp again on the 27th and doesn't have enough leos for the week. I feel like a prize ***** for not buying her a new one, but how are lessons learned otherwise.

I will be sending her with a bringing home list as well as a packing list this time. It isn't the first time things haven't made it back from camp, but this was the most expensive. My hubby looked at me aghast when I told him how much 9 nice leos cost me/him! I also will be looking under all the beds before we leave too. However the thing at IGC is that lots of girls are not leaving when your is and there were about 16 girls in her cabin, that is a lot of stuff to wade through. AT the next camp all the girls will be leaving and the rooms only have 4 beds in them, a lot easier to manage their stuff.

I live and learn though, next year I will deal with Baby Bogs stuff differently. Maybe I'll send her 9 identically ugly leos that they have on the gross shelf in Reading and therefore no one will take them and I won't care if they don't return!!!

So finally heard from IGC, the leos are no where to be found. SO I guess some parent or child picked them up and left with them. I hope they enjoy wearing them with my girls name inside them. Putting their name in is a great idea, but only if people are as honest as you.

Fortunately I am over being mad about it, I just feel a bit sick that she has to leave for camp on Sunday with 3 leos to her name.

That is a shame someone took them. Dont worry about her only taking 3 leos. She can rinse them out each night. It's a learning curve. She will soon build up her collection again. At least you know what to get her for Christmas!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back