WAG Orlando gyms

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

coach1234

Coach
Hi
So in the last post I posted about orlando gyms I got told to check out orlando metro and ace
Well I'm in Florida on vacation so I thought I would check them out, orlando metro said they can not host us because they have a meet that time of year and don't accept gyms,Mao I looked up ace gymnastics but it looks like it only has girls facilities and I need both girls and boys
Does anyone know of any other gyms in orlando that would host us for a couple of days with both boys and girls facilities??
Thanks

Ace Longwood has a very good boys program and they compete all the way to L10. AND they also have a very good Girls program. Orlando Gymnastics has both, but i dont know much about it.
There is Stick it which I know has a good boys program, not sure about girls.
Tampa has Apollo and La Fleurs which is VERY good for both boys and girls

Good luck!

Hi
So in the last post I posted about orlando gyms I got told to check out orlando metro and ace
Well I'm in Florida on vacation so I thought I would check them out, orlando metro said they can not host us because they have a meet that time of year and don't accept gyms,Mao I looked up ace gymnastics but it looks like it only has girls facilities and I need both girls and boys
Does anyone know of any other gyms in orlando that would host us for a couple of days with both boys and girls facilities??
Thanks

did you speak to Jeff Wood personally? if not, go back there and speak to him personally.

did you speak to Jeff Wood personally? if not, go back there and speak to him personally.
No I don't think he was there there was only rec in the gym and I spoke to a women to point blank said she would not accept us so i am now looking into other gyms

Hi
Thanks
Brandy Johnson's is a bit further out but try them

Do they have boys though?:)
Not sure about boys sorry:)
Also, I agree w bookworm!! Enjoy your vaca and don't worry about gym, especially this time of year. Just to old gym moms who are looking back and wishing we had just taken some time off to let them recharge and rest.

Or, just go to Florida and enjoy it without worrying about working out while you're there....I've never taken my girls to a gym while on vacation...

The coach is taking his girls to a meet in Orlando and is looking for a training gym. He/she is from the UK.

The coach is taking his girls to a meet in Orlando and is looking for a training gym. He/she is from the UK.

If he's hell bent on training while he's over here, he should contact the meet director and usually they can arrange training either in the gym of the meet host , or facilitate training in a nearby gym. We went to California several years ago for a meet and our crazy coach (old gym) insisted on the girls training while we were there and it had been arranged by the hosting gym.

LOL, when the boys went to a travel meet this year and too many of them decided to make it an extended vacation because it was over spring break, the coach made the optionals practice twice! (Thank goodness DS's coach said, "you guys are ready" and didn't haul them in.)

If he's hell bent on training while he's over here, he should contact the meet director and usually they can arrange training either in the gym of the meet host , or facilitate training in a nearby gym. We went to California several years ago for a meet and our crazy coach (old gym) insisted on the girls training while we were there and it had been arranged by the hosting gym.

*She* guys *she*

Anyway I had spare time in the evening when I was doing nothing so thought why not, also i did contact the meet director and they said they do not have a host gym that we can train in,

What you also have to remember that a flight from the uk to Florida is 9 hours on a good day that's a lot of traveling and that's forgetting about the jet lag we want the gymnasts to train one or two days before the comp to get the travelling out of their system and would you let you child go to a meet with a whole week before off I sure wouldn't and neither would our gymnasts once the meet is over we are doing all the fun things parks etc... Without any training

*She* guys *she*

Anyway I had spare time in the evening when I was doing nothing so thought why not, also i did contact the meet director and they said they do not have a host gym that we can train in,

I find that odd...what meet are you looking at going to? maybe look at one that offers a gym to train in for those coming a distance...I would reiterate to the meet director that you are coming from overseas and that a training gym is a deal breaker for you to put your gymnasts in the meet....and if she still won't budge and you feel it's essential, go to a different meet in Florida (there are tons of them)

I find that odd...what meet are you looking at going to? maybe look at one that offers a gym to train in for those coming a distance...I would reiterate to the meet director that you are coming from overseas and that a training gym is a deal breaker for you to put your gymnasts in the meet....and if she still won't budge and you feel it's essential, go to a different meet in Florida (there are tons of them)
They said they were going to give us a list of gyms names that would possibly take us which they haven't yet, we have a while till the meet), being in the us I though I would look into it whilst I was there, it's actually easier because I cannot ring a gym to ask just the way I wanted to do it :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back