Welcome to our Gymnastics Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Other Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GymnastRaeRae87

What other sports do you guys like to participate in or watch?

I love soccer, baseball, football, running, and I'm terrible at tennis but I had a ton of fun playing with my BFF! ;)

We weren't good but it was a ton of fun and we laughed our butts off because there was a Dad and son team that was really good next to us and we were terrible but it was sssoo fun!

Dsaramina

Coach
Coach
Judge
Club Owner
Jul 2, 2007
Country
Canada
Haha, I do polevault and highjump with my school's track team.
I'm also thinking of joining the Pom Squad (which is like a crappy version of cheerleading) and tumbling for them, but I don't want to do any of the lame dances.

G

GymnastRaeRae87

I think it is funny how you can tell a gymnast, a cheerleader, and a dancer from each other just by their tumbling!

G

gracefulone

My bff and I also love and stink at playing tennis(She's worse than me). I was a cheerleader for three years(1 in middle, two in HS). our team isn't very good, and I was sick of everyone's attitudes, but the straw that broke the camel's back was getting dropped. And not onto a mat or anything. I was tossed 10 feet into the air and not caught. I landed on my lower back/butt on our track( it was DURING a footbal game, about a year ago. The whole crowd gasped. I was fine at first, but spent the weekend in bed cuz I couldn't really get up.It took me out of tumbling/vault/dismounts/walkovers/jumps at gymnastics for two months and after that, I still had to take anti-inflammatory.Once I cam back, I only had two weeks until the first meet. I can't risk that happening again this year. I also did pole vault last spring and intend on doing it again, however my mom and my coach had to compromise. My coach thinks I oculd be a great vaulter. My mom thought I was too busy (track 3-5:30, even 6 sometimes, gymnastics 6-8:30). So in the end, they decided that I can be amember of the track team. if my track practices are only until about 4:30 on the days I have gym (Mon/Wed) so I can eat and let my body rest.

MaggiesRanda

Apr 2, 2007
California
I remember Tennis! Wow I suck too! I LOVE Soccer a ton because I like the slide Tackling! Ha! I also love to go to the desert and ride quads with my friends and family! The best part would be going through the mud puddles though!

MartinaE

Mar 14, 2007
Germany
I also love to watch figure skating, pole vaulting/diving, sports acrobatics and tumbling.
I don`t mind handball or volleyball either.

Status
Not open for further replies.