Parents Sports after Gymnastics

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

She could try pole vault in track and field? Yes she would have to run some, but it is just a sprint to the bar. A lot of gymnasts do great at pole vault and there are not a lot of female pole vaulters.
We had a former L8 gymnast retire due to injuries (knees, back) and take up pole vault in high school.
She is now competing pole vault in college at a D1 School (in between injuries, lol).

Seconding what others have said here, I've seen girls from my local area switch to both pole vault and weightlifting and quickly find their way onto national development programmes. Everyone assumes weightlifting is for giants, but at Paris next year the lightest women's class is for athletes weighing up to 49kg (108lbs) - as Invisible Duck says above, it's all about strength to weight ratios.

We went rock climbing and she loves it so we are definately doing that and I think I am going to push at least trying diving she doesnt want to just because she thinks she wont be good at it and I want to discourage that sort of thinking.... you gotta try things before you decide you wont be good at them.

We went rock climbing and she loves it so we are definately doing that and I think I am going to push at least trying diving she doesnt want to just because she thinks she wont be good at it and I want to discourage that sort of thinking.... you gotta try things before you decide you wont be good at them.

Definitely try diving. Springboard can be tough on old ankle or back injuries so move with caution and make sure they have a good dryland plan for her.

That's awesome. My daughter also loves climbing, and I could see her doing this too when she's done with gymnastics. One of our relatives owns a big-city climbing gym and his eyes light up talking about the gymnasts on their teams, because they are strong as heck, tough, and not scared of anything.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back