Parents Pre-squad Question UK.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Plus4

Proud Parent
My 4 year old Daughter has been asked to join the gym club's pre-squad. We've only been going 7-8 weeks, an hour a week. I have no idea what 'good' is. To me she's my tiny 4 year old swinging on the bars, having fun on the bench, etc etc. I really couldn't say if she 'stands out' because this is all new to us.
Being cynical I assume lots are invited to presquad?
My main concern is that they want her to train all but 4 hours s week. . That seems an awful long time to me?
I'm really not competitive but my daughter does love Gym and if this is an opportunity for her, I guess I could pull her out?
What are your thoughts/experiences please.

Thank you

Hi, are the 4 hours all in one go or split into 2 days? If 2 days then 2 hours per session twice a week is about average for pre-squad and if she loves gym I would say let her try and see how it goes.

Hi.. my DD was in a similar situation at the start of this year and went from 1 hour to 2x2.. she loved it and wanted more. Guess it depends on each child, there's only one way to know and that is to give it a go. I've always reiterated that it has to be fun and when changes have been made that we are just trialling it and if it's fun we will keep doing it if not we can do something different.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back