WAG Question about difference in 2 floor routines. (Video links included)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Jen H.

Proud Parent
I have a curious (non-obsessive) question about these 2 floor routines.
There was nearly a full point difference in the 2, and I just don't see the differences-however, I am not a judge, nor very good at spotting the intricacies involved.
But I am curious...:p
She is a level 5 age 9 if that matters at all.

The first one had the higher score.

#1 Facebook
#2 Facebook

yep I think we have to be friends with you to see the videos!

ETA - Sometimes it is nothing to really do with how the routine was performed but by how tough the judges were being on the day, consistency is what matters!

Just wanted to put that out there in case that is what happened but would love to see the vids if possible!

can't see them but usually if its at the same meet with the same judges then its the little things like pointed toes, bent knee, baby steps on the landings (that is a biggie), leaps not at 180. Also what are the hands doing? facial expression? Presentation? all come into play too. Does it look like the gymnast is just getting through the routine or really presenting it? Music selection is big too some judges don't like certain types of music - shouldn't matter but it does. Does the music fit the gymnast? if its a more mature music with a young kid it just doesn't fit and so on.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back