Parents Rough Meet!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I think it is great taht she qualified for State at her first L6 meet! just think, that meet score usually go up as the year goes on.. so she should be scoring in the 34s by EOY. And that is GOOD for L6!

Some of those L6's that are getting 35's and 36's have done L6 for a couple years..

It is just a step in the road, optionals are just around the corner.

Tell her good job and keep up the hard work!

Thank you, Kristilyn! I have gotten to my better 'place' now about the meet. I think DD & I were just in a bit of shock afterwards.

She really has had to make some big adjusmtents this past year, w/ new gym, new level (after 2 years in L5, you get pretty comfy!), new state, etc. I have to remind myself how much DD has hung in there w/ all of the changes we've been thru!

I am proud of her for sticking w/ her sport and am glad she's happy now, and has some really sweet gymmie friends.

Her scores may or may not go up, and that's fine. It's the process that really matters.

Hopefully, she'll learn to be happy w/ however she does, and just enjoy herself along the way!

Do you think scores vary a lot by state? I know our gym competes one meet per year in a neighboring state and we always love that meet because the scores are so high. It may just be the meet. Just wondering if maybe this was the reason for the lower scores.

Do you think scores vary a lot by state? I know our gym competes one meet per year in a neighboring state and we always love that meet because the scores are so high. It may just be the meet. Just wondering if maybe this was the reason for the lower scores.

When we want to feel good, we head to Wisconsin. Nebraska is a reality check. However, regardless of hard or easy scoring, placements should remain pretty much the same.

I'll get back to you on that! We'll see how some of the other meets go.

I think this meet may have had lower than usual scoring b/c it was a critique meet. Maybe the judges took off for everyting they possibly could, and along w/ the comment book we got, it was meant to be helpful, as it let the girls know everything they needed to work on. Maybe the girls/coaches would not have payed as much attention to the comments/deductions if their scores were all higher...

When we want to feel good, we head to Wisconsin. Nebraska is a reality check. However, regardless of hard or easy scoring, placements should remain pretty much the same.
They pretty much DID hit everyone hard. Even the girls I watched, from much more competitive gyms, where I thought their routines were say, 9.0 & above, were getting 8's & 7's.

As for placement, DD placed in 3 out of 4 events (but just BARELY, on beam & floor), and 9th out of 11 AA. She was used to being in the top 3 last year. Such is life! She was also one of 'those' 2nd year L5's last year, so maybe, she's not quite as good as we thought...the playing field is much more level this year, now that she is a 'first year' athlete again. I guess this year will really tell us how she compares!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back