Should I just give up on it??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

im 16 and 5'1 im a junior in high school and i really love gymnastics I know how to do a round-off back handspring on floor,front handspring, back walkover,front walkover, Right left middle splits, front tuck, front layout,cartwheel, round-off, cartwheel on beam, handstand. so should i quit or no? Do u think i could go to college with this?? Do u think im too old?? AND WAT LEVEL AM I?????

You are about a level 4 on floor and beam, don't know about the other apparatus. Why would you give up? I assume you don't want to compete for a NCAA college team, just do gym whilst you are at college. Many people continue gym well into their adult years.

the best thing to do to determine your gym level it go to a local gym and get evalluated usually they will do this for free or a small fee (under $25).

As far as quiting goes - well why would you want to quit something you love to do?

I guess I am wondering how you will be "quitting" when it seems like you are just starting gymnastics...if you mean should you quit because you do not think you will progress much in the next two years to be ready for college gymnastics, I think realistically , you will not progress enough to be a viable college gymnast and compete on a NCAA team but you could still continue with doing gymnastics (at a club or a YMCA) if that's what you love. I guess it wouold depend on what you hope to get out of your gymnastics experience...

Adult gymnastics programs keep on growing, so if you like gymnastics I'd say stay with it! I'm in college and do gymnastics at a local gym. It's drop in which works well with my busy college schedule b/c if I'm too busy one week to go it's ok and I'm not losing out on money. Some adult gymnastics programs are small, but the one at my gym is huge and offers about 12 adult classes ranging from beginner-elite level during the week.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back