Gymnasts possible D1 or D2?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

nainai

Gymnast
im a 15 year old xcel silver gymnast my highest skill on vault is a roundoff over matt stack my highest skill on bars is a front hip circle I sadly have no mounts but currently go to gym and working on it, on floor my highest skill is a front handspring stepout and on beam my highest skill is a front walkover on the floor beam, but a cartwheel on the high beam. Im working towards my front walkover on the high beam, getting my pullover and then kip and getting a roundoff double back handspring and front tuck, me and my coaches goal is to get me to level 5 or 6 by January, shes leaning towards 6 since its optionals. the problem is I don't progress fast enough and been wanting to get more training in at home what excersizes can I do? I also have dreams of college gymnastics and have decided to take a gap year off once I finish high school so ill be in college by 19, which also gives me another year to train gymnastics all day every day. is it possible?

im a 15 year old xcel silver gymnast my highest skill on vault is a roundoff over matt stack my highest skill on bars is a front hip circle I sadly have no mounts but currently go to gym and working on it, on floor my highest skill is a front handspring stepout and on beam my highest skill is a front walkover on the floor beam, but a cartwheel on the high beam. Im working towards my front walkover on the high beam, getting my pullover and then kip and getting a roundoff double back handspring and front tuck, me and my coaches goal is to get me to level 5 or 6 by January, shes leaning towards 6 since its optionals. the problem is I don't progress fast enough and been wanting to get more training in at home what excersizes can I do? I also have dreams of college gymnastics and have decided to take a gap year off once I finish high school so ill be in college by 19, which also gives me another year to train gymnastics all day every day. is it possible?
D3 is but D1 or D2 is almost no chance. You would want to be a strong L9 at minimum by this point for recruiting. D3 is available but you would need to progress very quickly, 3/4 years to get L10 skills is not a lot so I wouldn’t get to focused on it. Enjoy gymnastics and their will be opportunities for club gymnastics like mentioned above!

As others have mentioned, research club gymnastics. There are some very competitive club teams at several universities (large and small) that travel regionally and even nationally to compete. There is no reason your gymnastics career needs to end with high school graduation but I would agree that D1/D2 NCAA would be difficult at this point.

Definitely unlikely you will be able to do NCAA gymnastics in college, but as most people have mentioned above looking into club gymnastics (which is what I will probably do once I graduate) or acro and tumbling will be good options for you, since most are more based on your own skill level than set requirements that a lot of gymnastics dont achieve.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back