Welcome to our Gymnastics Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

stretching through pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

gymnastgirl08

Mar 12, 2008
Orlando, FL.
I stretch usually about 1 to 3 hours a day, because i take several dance classes at my studio (which is connected to a gym) i find that usually by the third day my muscle are so sore that i can't stretch to my full potential, i also notice that because of this i am losing my flexibility and not gaining it. I did gymnastics for about 16 years and took time off for about 3 yrs and lost almost all of my flexibility, and i went back to dance, and gained a lot of it-not all of it- back, But i am trying to get back my 180 degree straddle, right now i would say its more like 110 ish? its past 90 degrees for sure, it may be like 130, all i know is it's not where i want it to be. I am also 21- i know age isn't much of a handicap if you are willing to put in the time to perfect it- my problem isn't the dedication it's that the muscles seem to be losing the flexibility instead of gaining it.

As a girl in gymnastics i had a 180 straddle before i was 6 years old, so it never was a problem. And as far as splits go i have a 180 split on the floor on my right side, my left i am about 2 to 3 inches above the ground.

does anyone have advice on stretching through the pain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
_gym_wolf_ Gymnast Forum 4
N Gymnast Forum 1
Blackllistd Gymnast Forum 2