Youth Olympic Games 2010-Singapore

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Does anyone know more about this and what gymnasts will be competing? I do know that this is for ages 14-18 only (hence the name "Youth"), but wasn't sure which athletes/countries would be competing since it is the first ever Youth Olympics. I, personally, am excited to see the junior age gymnasts competing!!

Gymnastics wise it is one athlete per country. I am pretty sure it is only one birth year for Gym. This is the 'big international experience' for those gymnasts who turn 16 in the year of the Olympics as I am pretty sure they are no longer allowed at 2011 worlds.

For the girls, the US can send 1 (official) gymnast who must have been born in 1995 and only 1995. Participants will be chosen after the US Classic based on scores and an official decision by the powers that be.
The Youth Olympics gymnastics competition starts only like 2 days after the conclusion of Nationals, so it will be one or the other for athletes selected which is kind of a rotten situation for them, but I imagine they will be guaranteed a place on the National Team. Not sure what that means as far as whether or not an alternate is being sent.

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back