10 year old wins Elite Canada -Junior with video

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

She doesn't wear grips but she's about 60 lbs and not catching any big releases ;) The advantage to wearing grips will come when she's bigger.

I agree she is incredible though. Vaulting is perhaps the most standout event to me. It is almost unbelievable to see such a small child do such a good yurchenko full on standard competition equipment.

She is from the same club that Charlotte and Gael Mackie started at, it seems none of them wear grips, even with release moves. Personally I don't get it, and it always intrigues me that a whole club follows this plan.

Her vault is mind blowing and she is TINY. Which always makes me remember it's not about size, it all about technique. The vault is set at FIG and the springboard is a rock made by Gymnova, I can hardly get a bounce of it and I weigh a tad more than 60 pounds!!

Jess, just search her name with vault with i think it is canada champs 2010 and you see a beautiful yurchenko full :)

Wow, she is awesome! I know there are other countries - Japan maybe - where the gymnasts don't wear grips. And isn't it Romania and China where they use the gauze? I guess they are not really necessary - the Chinese are pretty good on bars!

I hope she is able to stay healthy as she grows because she is fantastic!

A gymnasts from our gym that competes in Canada on their elite team was telling us about her a couple of months ago. She is amazing!!!

Thanks for sharing. She has some awesome skills and with time and polishing could grow into a beautiful gymnasts.

I'm on the fence about her. Yes, her skills are impressive. I'm particularly taken with her yurchenko--I think technically it is done very well. I'd advise she spends time fixing her round-off on floor. She's almost jumping onto both hands simultaneously. She's throwing huge skills so young that it makes me wonder what a growth spurt/weight gain will do to her. Time will tell. I'm not sure I like her bars. Skill-wise okay sure, but her lower-back arch and overall shapes are not impressive. She could have a super bright future especially for Canadian Gymnastics. It will be interesting to see her come into her own as she gets older!

If they know how to pace her and don't burn her out...too much too soon...they need to be careful with her..

The skills she doing are amazing for a 10 yo. I hope they step back now and work on her form---pointed toes, legs together. If she's not pushed too fast now and get some polish, she will be a real standout for Canada.

Superb performance she had done in that video and I really appreciated her
effort to make a good one deal with her work.... Really nice one and awesome
performance....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back