1st Advance Prep Op Meet Over!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Our home meet was last Sunday and it went pretty well. My goals were a 35AA, make my beam routine, and hit the other events like I know I can. Event breakdown:

Vault: fhs, 8.6 sv. Score: 8.125! My second vault felt really good in the air and then I stuck it cold. My coach said it was "pretty perfect", and then I got that score and was super happy. Hopefully that puts an exclamation point on almost 5 year of fhs vaults and I can get my tsuk consistent and never compete a fhs again!

Bars: 9.25. Good routine, but I did a better one in warmups. I bent my arms a little on my giants and the routine just felt a little rushed.

Beam: 8.55. Fell on my full turn with my leg at horizontal, but got credit for all my Bs.

Floor: 9.0. I was hoping for a little higher, but this routine felt off; my last 2 passes (back 1/2 and front layout) didn't feel as flighty as usual, and I've been having endurance problems at the end of my routine, so I was happy with it.

AA: 34.925

Out of a grand total of 5 girls competing APO, I was first in all events. My next meet is in about 6 weeks and I'm hoping to have some upgrades ready by then. Thanks for reading!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back