Parents 1st L7 meet report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ingwe

Proud Parent
I know that I don't post here often but I thought that I would share my Dd's first L7 meet results.

This was a huge out of state meet and really didn't know what to expect.

1st up was bars... She did a beautiful routine but her cast HS's were low. Great giants and nice layout dismount. scored an 8.45 good enough for 7th place. (20 girls in her group)

2nd Beam. Awesome routine scored a 9.3 which earned her 3rd place :)

Floor was next and Wow, what a disaster. LOL! She looked great up until her last tumbling pass (front tumbling) she totally balked and didn't even do it!! She just ran forward and did some random cartwheel. UGH!! she later said her steps were messed up. Anyway, she scored an 8.3 which I guess all things considered wasn't too bad. LOL

Vault, it wasn't her best vault ever and scored an 8.775.

34.8 All round good for 7th place.

She is thrilled she got that 1st meet under her belt and can now move on to the next one with some more confidence.

Thanks for reading.

Glad she got through her first level 7 meet and that you survived it as well!!

I think it was smart of her to not do her tumbling pass if it didn't feel right. You could get hurt that way. Quick thinking to throw something in there for fluff and that was a great score with the missing pass. I am sure it will rock at the next meet!!

Flip Fest?

Sounds like she did great all things considered. :)

I agree with Mariposa too. If it feels wrong dont do it.

Sounds like a great first meet--Especially beam. The nice thing about starting with a big one is that you kind of get the nerves out of the way and she'll be able to relax for the next one.

Thinking quick on her feet...I like that! lol.

Congrats on a wonderful meet! It's good to get that first meet over and done with and shake some butterflies loose. Especially now that she's in L7 or as Pixie calls them, one of the "big girls"! Good for her. Can't wait to hear how her next meet goes :)

It sounds like she had a terrific first L7 meet! I agree with everyone else - better to balk when it doesn't feel right. The alternative might be a serious injury! I am sure she will have no problems next time.

Meg

Yes, Flip Fest. Tough meet as the the very 1st one.

We had several girls doing their first meets of the season.

I believe one them described her performance in the following 2 words, "I bombed"

We had planned on going just to watch and hang out as my parents house is nearby but we took some rest time. Would have been cool to meet up. :D

Sounds like she did very well and was able to keep her cool on floor.

Good job!

Sounds like a good first meet, even with the craziness! 7th AA and a big wow for 3rd on beam. I am sure she will do better at the next meet.

I was trying to put a video up but when I transfer it from my video camera to my computer is goes into hyper speed. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I really shouldn't be allowed to touch electronics. LOL

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back