Parents 1st L9 Meet tomorrow

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My youngest has her first level 9 meet tomorrow. So it is at home gym and unsanctioned but still competition format. Not sure that she is completely prepared but I can't wait to see her "strut her stuff". I am so proud of her for getting to L9. She was hoping to go last year but coach opted to do 3rd year at L8 with hopes of successful team. She is really excited!

Thanks for the good luck wishes! Well she hit one for one. Yep, competed yeurchenko (sp?) tuck and got a 9.05! We were so excited. However, while warming up double back off bars she jammed her thumb. She tried to compete but it hurt too bad :(
We are still debating xrays. Next meet is this Saturday. Hoping it's just jammed not broke. She had a great warm up though so hopeful for a good season.

Good vault score!!! That stinks about injuring her thumb. For now, I'm sure you're icing it. Certainly if it doesn't improve in the next day or so, it will be time to see a doctor.

I'm sorry that it was only one for one! What a bummer to be all hyped up and then to leave frustrated and hurting - I hope she heals quickly - a girl on our team jammed her thumb doing a bail and it took her a couple weeks to be "back" to doing bars but she was back to everything else in a week.

Good vault score!!! That stinks about injuring her thumb. For now, I'm sure you're icing it. Certainly if it doesn't improve in the next day or so, it will be time to see a doctor.

Calling the Doctor in the morning. Still quite swollen and sore. Not much bruising if any. Not too sure about competing this Saturday :(

Bummer about her thumb! I hope it will be ok by the weekend (and not broken)! HUGE kudos on the yurchenko vault! Can't even imaging my DD doing that vault!

Sorry that she hurt her thumb and was only able to compete vault. Great score though, Congrats!!

I hope that she gets good news from the Dr. today.

Just wondering if you got info about that thumb today? Did they x-ray?? Glad she did well on vault--big bummer on the injured thumb though!

Just wondering if you got info about that thumb today? Did they x-ray?? Glad she did well on vault--big bummer on the injured thumb though!
Well the bone is cracked. Dr. says 4-6 weeks to heal but didn't pull her from gymnastics. He said he can get her into a brace that will support the thumb but give full wrist mobility. She is wearing a brace now that covers thumb and half way down her arm. We will get new brace this week. He basically said she can do whatever she feels up to, bars would be tough. She did nothing using her hand this past week and I think we will do the same this coming week. Then wait and see. New x-rays on the 27th. Hoping to be good to go for meet on Jan 6th. Sorry for the long reply and thanks for asking.

I think doing nothing on the hand is a very good idea--will heal faster that way. Good luck to her on her x-rays on the 27th!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back