1st Level 8 meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gym monkeys mom

Proud Parent
DD's 1st Level 8 meet is this weekend. She has been doing fine at practice untill nerves set in last night. It was bad.

She said beam is fine this would be so cool as last year she was a basket case all year. She plans on doing BHS BHS back tuck dismount. Maybe I will sit behind a post. Before last year she rocked beam so maybe we had a 1 year glitch.

Bars are fine not great considering the new rules on casts this is not dd's strong suit but, her straddle back is strong if she keeps her feet up she is also doing giants like a rock star :). yippee

Vault UGH!! will she handspring or Tsuk???

Floor is fine except coach was changing tumbling passes around and the settled on what they had been orginally. She is doing:
RO BHS FULL (1/1)
RO FHS Front tuck front tuck
RO BHS Lay out

I hope this is stonrg enough for level 8 seems weak but we will see . We are fortunate enough to be doing a Clinic pu on by our judges on New Years Eve Day so she can trouble shoot floor passes then.

Lets hope for a clean meet with stuck events. I will let you know.

Thanks for the support.

Best of luck to her, and lets hope she has fun at her first L8 meet. Hopefully setting some personal goals will make it more pleasurable.

When will they decide what she vaults?

Bog, she could vault a tsuk if her confidence is strong Her coach will probably not decide untill friday and give her the few days to gain it back with confidence.

She was doing them stronger last week. Coach does not want her to be bummed she could not tsuk but, he doesnt want her freaked out or hurt either.

I guess its a waiting game.

Goals are a good idea! Maybe I will get her a new her a fun new notebook to
write them in and keep in her bag. I also may have her watch the Doc Ali vid's again about fear and meets.

Thanks

Oh good luck to your dd! I hope her confidence stays high and she is able to stay on the beam and nail her routines.

Meg

Good Luck to P. ! She will do great.Her skills sound good to me. Its a small meet so maybe that will help with the nerves. My DD will be there but session 2. She went to P.T. meet and did great. My concern is she competes against Dy.....s.We met at the state meet last year. I might see you and will say Hi.

In USAG is it possible to compete two different vaults, or is it preferable to stick to the same one?

My girls really enjoy writing down their meet goals, a funky notebook and pen is always so inviting no matter what the age.

Good luck to your DD... I know sometimes.. I think I might get more nervous my DD!! LOL...we still have a month before we compete... thankfully.

She will do fine, I totally feel for you on that beam dismount though, that is tough and when she makes it, it will be awesome - but a nail biter while she is doing it!

As for her floor routine all I can say is if she has a choice in order, do NOT have her do the layout last, probably the full if she can. At 8, the judges can take a composition deduction and they could hit her for doing her easiest pass last. Now I know that sounds easier said than what she might be able to do, but even if she has to finish with the layout at the beginning of the season, tell her to work toward putting another pass at the end and either do the layout first or 2nd. Judges might be more leanent at the beginning of the season, but will expect more from the girls come the end of the season. It's not a huge deduction, it might only be a .1 or .2 - not 100%, but as we all know every .1 counts!

I wish you and your dd the best of luck and can't wait to read some more 8 reports.... it seems that my dd is the only one really competing at the moment (level 8 that is), she needs some company!!!! ;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back