2011 Buckeye Classic-Columbus, OH

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am so hoping the weather warms up for next weekends Buckeye Classic.:) Although I would love for my DGD to see "real" snow:eek:, I'm not so sure I want to be frozen solid in order to see it:confused:. And that's just my thought for the day:p.......

It is supposed to warm up next week. Not sure if another storm is moving in or not. Did you get her time slot changed so she can compete? I think that was you, sorry if I'm wrong.

You are right, that was me and yes, they moved things back the way they were prior to changing them. Thank you for asking (and remembering me)...I am soooooo hoping that this will be a good meet for her...she has certainly struggled this year (first year L8) and her scores are so down but she is plugging away and hopefully it will come together before the season is over. Will you be going?

Got cha...I only recognized one other gym (other than ours of course)...it is from Michigan and I am originally from Michigan and from the area that this gym is from although my DGD never went there...I just find that is interesting and maybe will be fun to see how they do. On the 2 hour thing...because you will probably be driving, then I will actually be closer, ha ha, since we are flying in and will be staying about 8 miles or so from the meet site...Sorry we won't cross paths, it would actually be fun to meet someone you converse with occasionally.

My gym will be attending! We are about 2 hours away as well.
And I have also heard it will be warming up a bit around here next week :D

The forecast for the coming weekend for Columbus is calling for highs in the upper 40's and low 50's. I'm sorry you that you won't get to see any snow here, but frankly, I will be glad to see the last of it. Our next two meets are Buckeye and the Arnold Classic, both in Columbus, and about a 20 minute drive. TG. We drove back from IGI in Chicago last night and they sure have plenty of snow there. Good luck to everybody coming to Columbus next weekend.

I will be there all weekend...level 6 and 7 friday, level 9 saturday and level 8 sunday. We are about 3 hours away and I am really glad there is no snow in the forecast!

thank you all for coming to the buckeye classic, i am the booster pres and my dd is set for sat AM. i am so excited for this years saturday night balloon drop. osu men/women and special olympics. hope you all have safe travels in. and if you need anything please dont be affraid to ask for me. just tell anyone in one of our buckeye shirts that you are looking for the booster pres. lol

Didn't want it in the forecast, just wanted it on the ground so that she would be able to "experience real snow". She was born and raised in Florida and has never really seen what snow is or played in it or went sledding, etc., etc. Thought it would be "fun" for her to see it but it is what it is. We did see some snow when we were in Knoxville for the Flip Fest but it had already had the sun shinning down on it and although it was about 8 inches deep, it was icy, not real snow and I had just wished for real snow since we don't ordinarily travel to the cold states just to see snow...but again, I didn't want to have to experience driving in it again...never did enjoy that. Looking forward to the weekend and hoping for a good meet for my DGD...she has had a rough year so far.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back