WAG 2017 goals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Happy New Year everyone! Hopefully 2017 is better than 2016 was :oops:.

Anyway, does anyone have any goals? Doesn't have to be related to gymnastics.

I'll start off:

Bars: Get giants and half dismount
Beam: Get Korbut
Vault: Get Tsuk
Floor: Improve layouts

Dd is lv 8. Here are her goals...

Floor: clean up her full, get her 3/2

Beam: back handspring, layout step out, clean up her full dismount

Vault: get more height off the table for her yurchenko

Bars: pak salto and gienger

My Dd is lvl 7.
Goals:
Floor: : clean up routine, and get more dance into her dance (meaning rhythm)
Beam: she would like more consistency. It is coming. But it is slow going.
Bars: The almighty Giants and layout flyaway and better clearhip and well, let's just say everything on bars she would like improved.
Vault: sticking a landing would be nice. She has never done this on this d*mn vault, and this is the last year she gets a stab at it. This is probably her highest goal for the season....(and my lowest, bahaha).

My goal:
To survive the season without buying any heart medicine or more than one bottle of Excedrin. And to remember to bring chocolate to the meets, or I'll never survive. And to make sure my husband and I are nowhere near each other while she competes, so we don't drive each other batty.

OG L6 Goals:
10.00 SV on all events
Bars: Connections, higher cast, no tap after the clear hip.
Beam: Confidence.
Floor: Nail all 3 tumbling passes.
Vault: 9.0+ FHS and get her 1/2-1/2 back.
AA: 35.1+ (she has to beat YG's best AA, lol)

YG XG Goals:
Bars: Squat on
Beam: Acro (she is leaving out the acro until she has 2 because it isn't worth it without both)
Floor: Nail her Front Tuck every time. 9.0+
Vault: Move from 1/2 On-Repulsion Off to 1/2-1/2. She wants to compete both vaults.
AA: 35.2+

LSS L3 Goals:
Bars: Middle Circle (and Front Hip and Shoot Thru and Cut Back consistently)… and beat the score she was "gifted" in the 2nd meet
Beam: Stay on and Handstand and Dismount
Floor: ROBHS in competition
Vault: Tightness … and beat the score she was "gifted" in the first meet
AA: 32.0 so she qualifies for Nationals … of course, I would be happy if she earned a 30.0+

My Goals:
Get quicker with my recording … or get HC to signal me when OG or YG are next
Be healthier in the new year (just in case …) and keep losing weight, but without feeling like cr@p.
Be supportive at all times, even when I want to strangle them, lol.

Okee Dokee. My goals are color coded and written out in tiny writing on a large piece of paper that MAY be hard to copy down here. However, my ultimate goal is to be prepared with 10.0 SV for level 7 2018 season. That means this year is the year to prepare for it. (This year the plan is to do level 6).
That being said, I want to work as hard as I can and be as efficient as I can in the gym. I would like to push myself on my upgrades while maintaining my currents and basics with good form and technique. Happy New Year to all, may this year bring good health, no injuries, and happiness.

ROBHS completely on floor instead of how I currently do it, with my feet landing in a resi. The tricky bit is I'm going to have to tame my mental freak outs. I've been doing them ... but not often enough. After the mental part, the next thing to fix is to consistently pull my feet in front at the end of the round off.

RO Back Tuck into the resi, spotted for sure... I know coach intends me to get it independently too. But, well... mental freakout.

Here are things DD has mentioned....
She's L8 (and competitive/ambitious)

Bars: get that front giant!
Beam: front arial on high beam
Floor: land double back
Vault: score 9.3+

*1st place AA
*38AA
*make L8 state team
*go back to Nat'l TOPs testing
*make L9 (no repeating 8)

I'd like to see:
Her happy
Injury-free
Make lots of great memories
For her to appreciate all we do for her!

My goals for me:
New flooring, paint
Take some classes for higher pay scale
More balance in my life (me time)
Reconnect with friends who have drifted
Don't stress over what I cannot change

Now that I'm actually getting back into gymnastics through rec classes after a busy swim season, here are my goals:
Floor: finally get my ROBHS by myself
Bars: get my kip back
Beam: get my cartwheel and full turn back
Vault: start working front handsprings over the table again
My main goal is to have fun in gymnastics again and try to get back to where I was when I stopped competitive gymnastics this summer.

for me (level 2-4 gymnast, levels work very different here)
Beam: getting my cartwheel consistent, new mount
Bars: kip, clear hip, squat on
Floor: aerial, front handspring step out-roundoff connection
Vault: Front handspring

Gymnastics goals:
Beam: full turn consistent, backhandspring step out, salto dismount

Bars: get over that darn flyaway fear (had a bad fall), free hip above horizontal, Kip cast handstand (or close to[emoji13])

Floor: punch front with better height, roundoff handspring layout

Vault: full off

Non gymnastics:
1. Let things go. I do a lot of "what ifs" and try to change the past. But I can't do that. So I'm going to try to learn from my mistakes, but let them go.

2. Stop thinking so much. I tend to overthink things and freak myself out.

3. Learn to choose. I always have to do everything (some days I'll be doing school, homework, lifting (side workout, nothing to crazy), gymnastics, track, and pole vault camp. That's too much for one day.

4. Listen to my body and realize that pain means something is wrong. Stop pushing through things and get them checked out when I get "that" feeling.

5. Have fun and work hard!!

Vault: Straighten my legs! They're pretty hideous as of right now. Start twisting this summer.

Bars: 10.0 SV for the rest of the year, get a kip, clear hip, and flyaway.

Beam: Flight skill, salto/aerial dismount, stay on beam rest of the season.

Floor: FHSFT, ROBT, switch leap.

-Do platinum next season.

-Go to USAG regionals (a bit of a reach)

-Above all, STAY SANE!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back